Adios, Bressler

The new offer came out with the information that they’re closing it down after 15 vintages. Alas. The grand vin is magnificent and their second wine is a steal. (I have no connection other than drinking the stuff.)

From the email:

Our first harvest was in the fall of 2000, which seems like only yesterday. But here we are announcing our 15th release of Bressler Cabernet. It is an amazing wine, as you will read more about below, but it will also be the last release of a Bressler Cabernet. Stacey and I will be retiring from the wine making business and getting ready to tackle our next big adventure! We will be releasing our 2015 Bressler “Young Vines” (Bordeaux blend) in the fall, and we will be making more library wines and large formats available. In the future, our grapes will be going to our good friends and neighbors, Anomaly Vineyards - https://www.anomalyvineyards.com/ .

Major bummer. I agree the Bressler cab is wonderful and a very nice QPR by Napa standards. We visited Bob for a tasting last summer, the 2013 he poured was beautiful.

Count me as another fan of Bressler. Hate to hear this.

I remember getting samples of the 2000 to taste for feedback. They were stunning wines. Looking at the pricing, they still are in the ‘reasonable’ zone considering the pedigree.

I just revisited the 2001 a couple of weeks ago and it was outstanding. Such a shame this is falling by the wayside. Thank you for the heads up!

Sad when I read the mailer. I have always enjoyed this wine.

I’ve gone through a decent amount of Young Vines over the past couple years. guess i better stock up?

Really sad to hear this news. Have always enjoyed Bressler wines - and Bob Bressler was very kind sharing info with us when we were starting up our winery.

I just heard from Amy Aiken that she is closing Meander.

Was such a good wine for the price.