Goldman Sachs Co-President has $1.2mm in wine stolen...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-17/goldman-s-solomon-said-to-be-victim-of-1-2-million-wine-theft

-that sucks.

Crazy!!! Thanks for posting.

Is this Ryan Chaland again?

De-Meyer, 40, is accused of using an alias, “Mark Miller,” to sell bottles to a North Carolina-based wine dealer. De-Meyer’s regular duties included receiving wine shipped to Solomon’s Manhattan apartment and transporting it to his boss’s cellar in East Hampton, New York.

Will a case like this eventually show up on the ECF for the NYSD?

Or is that the wrong place to look for the PDF of the indictment?

Or are indictments like this often sealed for a lengthy period of time? [For instance, there’s an empty “1:18-mc-00020” at the ECF.]
ECF_NYSD_01-17-2017.png

It does not show up on ECF. State cases are supposed to show up on Webcrims (https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcrim_attorney/Login) but this is federal so it will show up on PACER once it is unsealed.

Without reading a link, I will guess someone picked up a case of DRC that was left at his door?

$130k for 7 bottles of DRC.
It’s good to be the king!

The comments are the best part. So funny!!!

Okay, I think maybe I figured out the link for the criminal cases, but it looks like they’re all sealed.

What’s the turnaround time on un-sealing an indictment? A week? A month? A year?
01-17-2018_sdny_criminal-cases.png

With all the money Solomon has, can’t he just chalk this up to bad judgment on his own part?

Shucks, I feel so bad for him.

Not.

What do you mean? That it was bad judgment to hire the assistant who later ripped him off?
Or that it was bad judgment to pay so much for trophy wines?
By “can’t he just chalk this up to . . .” do you mean that he should just let this go?

What a terrible thing to say. It’s ok for a wealthy person to be robbed, because he is wealthy? He may be better positioned to recover from the crime, but that doesn’t make the crime any less a crime.

I know the Solomon family from my home town. David Solomon is self-made, through his own efforts, hard work and skill. He doesn’t deserve theft, regardless of his wealth.

Like I give a shit.

Based on your posting, yes.

David has such a caring heart.

For those who deserve it.

Bankers? Not so much.

Total thread drift: Without a long tale, the president of the local bank when I was a kid was a huge positive influence on me. Vast.

I get it that this guy’s 1.2 million is like a twenty dollar bill to me, but I have affection for my wine, so I can imagine how upset I would be to lose something like that. Plus, being betrayed at any level hurts.

Yeah, like when he was head of investment banking during the financial crisis?

Out of curiosity, what do you think is the main motivation these people have?

What do you think makes this guy tick?