ANyone tried the 2015 Kirkland Signature Pauillac?

Just saw it at Costco for $22.99. Last year the label said “Kirkland Signature [Series]” and had a pretty silver foil label. This one was plain looking and not sure if that indicates anything.

FWIW I did try the 2015 Kirkland Bordeaux Superieur and thought it was pretty good . Good value at $7.89

Yes, I had it over a few nights. Night one, cork pulled and decanted half the bottle for nearly 2 hours. Rest of the bottle back in wine fridge. Night two, pulled the cork for a small taste to see if there was much change. Night three, poured the rest of the bottle into the glass and finished it.

Here’s the good. It’s old school in style, low alcohol, little oak, no lush fruit.

Here’s the bad. It just was not that interesting. It was a little disjointed. It was a little weak.

I do not think it was bad. But as a value proposition, for $22.99, it was not a good value. Were it on par with Kirkland’s Rhone, in the $7 range, then it’s a good value. I much prefer the Chateau Landris (see Alfert’s post) which is $8-$9 less.

Unless you just like the idea of the Kirkland brand, it seems like there would be plenty of better Bordeaux out there at that price point from a vintage like 2015.

No, Would only be interested if it offered value. Sounds like it doesn’t. I’ll just allocate that $23 towards a better wine

For what it’s worth:

I saw it at Costco yesterday and bought it without having read anything about it yet.