Which is best Mike Smith wine ?

Simple question !!

And the answers will be very simple and objective .

wine Smith Mike is Which best!

It’s obvious what he is asking.
Of all the people named Mike Smith and makes wine, who is the best?

Typical berserker attitude… :wink:

1 Like

For me over the past year, 2007 12C Cabernet GIII was pinnacle followed closely by all of the various examples of Myriad & Quivet Syrah that he makes.

That 2007 12C is just redonk…should have saved more.

I really enjoy the Myriad Dr Crane Elysian’s

The one in the glass.

What he said…

For the money, I have always enjoyed his Myriad Three Twins Vineyard cab, or for a little big more, the GIII. If price isn’t an issue, I would pick one of the Carter wines. I have never had the big boy, the G.T.O, but I have loved the O.G. and the Three Kings.

Eric

What makes the Carters better ? What is amped up

The one you decide you like the most.

To Kalon fruit for one.

I’m sipping on a 2012 Ancillary Sonoma Coast, Sunchase vineyard Smith & Carter winemakers. Ok it’s not a knock your socks off Cali Cab but l’ll take this anytime.

Heads up, he doesn’t make Carter any more.

The 2019 Myriad Sangiacomo Syrah - 100% Whole Cluster was one of the best Mike Smith wines I’ve had in awhile. Really excellent Syrah.

1 Like

+1 on the Dr. Crane Elysian.

I had the 2016 a year or so ago and it was firing on all cylinders. Glad I have two still sleeping in the cellar…

The next one I open !! [cheers.gif]

My vote would be either Carter OG, La Verdad, GTO or Myriad Elysian. With him not making Carter anymore, I’m hoping he gets the Myriad To Kalon to similar levels.

Who is Mike Smith?

1 Like

Yes, +1 on the Myriad Elysian.

Is it even possible to go wrong with any Mike Smith wine? I love the Elysian and OG but even his NV designates are really good.