1985 Sea Ridge Sonoma coast Pinot

Picked this up for a song on Winebid some time ago and finally got around to trying this one. The color is starting to get rusty/reddish orange the nose is full of cherry and some floral notes? On the palate this is (to me anyways) really delicious! Some deep red cherry followed by black tea and crunchy raspberry it carries through the mid palate to a medium finish, medium + acid.

I think the fruit came from the Fort Ross area Bohan vineyard? Found an interesting article with some notes on the winery on the Prince of Pinot Part II: History of Fort Ross-Seaview Area | The PinotFile: Volume 9, Issue 28. Anyways really fun find.

I enjoyed some of the Sea Ridge Pinot Noir wines back in the 1980s and 1990s, and also wondered what happened to them and the location of the vineyard. I first read about them from the columns of Jerry Mead, who is mentioned in the Prince of Pinot article.

-Al

Talk about a blast from the past!

Wow…Sea Ridge

Thought it was interesting the quote… “Robert Parker, Jr., noted, “I was extremely impressed with the lush, delicate, silky flavors reminiscent of Domaine Dujac”.

Something I would know nothing about but it did get me to pull the trigger [wow.gif]

+1

Had a handful of these back in the day. Always pleased…

I sold a brand in the early 00’s called Sea Ridge Coastal. Not sure if the same brand or not. Their mantra was everything is better with some Syrah blended in.

I have a couple of these (from WineBid as well) , so now I’m gonna pop one!