1985 Chateau La Tour Figeac

Hi all, just saw a 1985 Chateau La Tour Figeac at my local Gary’s Wine. Looks like a new library release, but have not idea about what the wine is or possible quality. It’s going for about $80. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

merlot/ cab Franc blend, havent drunk this wine but I love right bank 85s and they are drinking well now. it wont be a powerhouse but Im guessing it will be quite elegant based on the 85s I have drunk in the last 12 months.
hope that helps

I drank up a lot of either the 89 or 90 La Tour du Pin Figeac, and although good it was getting tired by age 15.

Most of these Figeac named estates are all sort of around each other and usually have a good slug of cab franc in them.

We had a mag of the 1998 of the La Tour Figeac maybe at age 15, and it was very nice, but I felt it was a international styled wine (unlike the 98 Figeac)

Although Figeac ages well, I’d be cautious about nearby vineyards lasting/improving as long as the area flagship.

Coincidentally, I have a 2000 Yon Figeac on the shelf for consumption in the next month or so.

This is probably a topic that Jeff Leve could opine on.

Interesting. To buy… or not to buy. Always the question.