Question on few burg producers

Does anyone have experience with the following burg producers: in terms of style, (extraction, texture, brett etc.)? I couldn’t get much information online,

Taupenont-Merme
Rossignol Trapet
Mongeard Mugneret

I drink more Rossignol-Trapet than the other two and more Mongeard Mugneret than TM. RT makes a rich wine that ages extremely well. Wine is somewhat similar in style to Jadot. MM wines can be rich, but also pretty hard. Wines eventually soften but if you are going up to GC this takes time, a good bit of time. My sense is TM wines are more in an elegant style, but like I said I have less experience with their wines than with the other two.

I will say that I really like wines from RT.

+1
Mongeard is all oak, hard palate and non integrated anything when it is young, dont buy it unless you are patient (very patient)

Thanks Howard and Marcus…that was very valuable!

Love to hear if anyone has experience with Taupenont-Merme.

TM>MM in my experience. Similar reasons as above. Although I have to say, MM gets lots of kudos from people who have much more experience with Burg than me.

+1 on MM being hard. I visited and tasted through the 2014 lineup in 2016 and my mouth is still dry from the oak and tannins. I found their Vosne wines to be disappointing but did actually buy some NSG Boudots that was very good. They’re for my son since it’s his birth year and I’m counting on them to soften up a bit within the next two or three decades…

I’ve had a handful of bottlings from MM and all come across a bit coarse and chewy. Good acid presence though. Les Narbontons is fairly popular and a good QPR but I would second the other viewpoints that time is an ally. 2010 was very tight recently.

Taupenont-Merme → Taupenot (!) – Morey St.Denis
relatives (cousins) of Perrot-Minot across the street (and less oaky), good holdings (even a tiny bit of Clos de Lambrays), biodynamic for app. 10 years, can be good, but a bit inconsistent, I had very good elegant bottles, and also sometimes strange ones („muddy“ fruit without definition, a bit lactic …)

Rossignol-Trapet (Gevrey)
Semi-modern domaine, created in (app.)1990, fine 1er and Grand Cru holdings, less new wood than Dom.Trapet, dark-berried style, concentrated, structured and very ageworthy and classy, but needing time … then very elegant.

Mongeard-Mugneret (Vosne-Romanee)
Impressive line-up, can be outstanding, but also disapointing (the 1991 Grand-Echezeaux is still a marvel), sometimes lacking concentration and precision (too high yields? Less perfect grape-selection?), the Richebourg could be better … (I prefer the GE), and all wines need time, nothing for early drinking. NSG Boudots is usually very good, and sometimes VR Suchots …

Thank you Gerhard, that’s interesting stuff! How would you describe the Boudot with some age and what would be your preferred drinking window? I hope I’m not hijacking the thread since we’re still on the topic of MM.

Thank you Gerhard, when you say Taupenot (sorry for the spelling earlier) is elegant; is it elegant in Barthod/ Jouan style (red fruit, low extraction) or Mugneret-Gibourg style fine and polished?

And with regard to RT would you say their 1er and GC 15+yrs to come around?

I think MM’s GCs take more than 15 years to come around. More like 20.

I think of TM as more in the Jouan style than the MG style, although Jouan is not a perfect analogy.

But if you are patient you will be rewarded.

I love the Boudots vineyard, almost a Vosne bordering Malconsorts. It´s dark-berried, concentrated and quite structured, and at M-M it´s imho the best 1er cru, eating the oak well with time … but I´d give it at least 15+ years in a good vintage).

I haven´t tasted any Jouan (although I should …) but, no, not like Barthod … closer to Mugneret-Gibourg (but different, less spicy) …it´s red-berried, but often with a slight lactic nose (from BSA?), not with elevated acidity, a bit chewy … and the elegance comes thru with age (if it is a clean example … but as I said I had some disjointed bottles lacking definition with kind of a tomatoe component …)