For American Express users: Spend $250 at Zachys wine and get $50 credit to your credit card bill

Just saw this offer pop up on my AMEX offers across all my accounts. Spend $250 get $50 credit. Works online and in store. Gotta activate the offer. Expires mid Feb

I don’t think I’ve ever purchased from Zachy’s before… I just added it to my card, but the first few things I looked at on their site were so overpriced that it would still be more expensive than purchasing from my normal sources. Are there any particular categories they’re known to be a good source for?

I used to buy from them quite a bit, but really you just have to wait for their sales and then they become competitive. They used to run them by region every few weeks where everything was a certain percent off. When they do it like that across the board there are usually bargains to be found.

How does one “activate the offer?”

Log on to your amex acct and view offers. There is a button next to the offer to add to your card

thx

Cute

thanks for the tip.

doesn’t apply to auctions, but let’s see if I can spend $250 at Zachy’s Retail.

The way to buy from them is to sign up for their emails so you know when they’re having a sale. The “big discounts” they offer take a lot of items to pricing that’s more in line with what you’d want to pay. Hopefully they’ll have one before the offer expires.

Just pick out wine that would be $175 elsewhere and you’ll get to $250 easily.

They have a “sale” going on now, so some more normalized pricing. They have some Maybach pinot and chardonnay as part of the sale.

Also, Sherry Lehman, spend $150 get $30 back

'14 Dujac Beaux Monts listed @ $260 worked out fine. Thanks again for the tip.

I should have looked at their website before posting this :wink:

The promotion activation code is “eric greenberg”.

This. I got this AmEx offer a while back and haven’t seen anything I thought worth grabbing at Zachy’s pricing, but there are always bargains when they have a big sale.

Also there is the recent Zachy’s offering of Eric Greenberg’s auction wines to consider. There was a WB thread on that. The whole Greenberg thing soured me on buying from Zachy’s, despite the temptation of occasional sale pricing.

Victor beat me to the punch.

well, bah - I’m only seeing this for my Amex blue (which is generally useless at this point), but not for my SPG.

The AMEX offers can be quite nice…right now there is one for the dineLA program. Of course, not beneficial to all, but there might be other ones for different regions.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Is the $250 minimum spend is AFTER sales tax? I see nothing in the fine print about excluding tax from the $250, but I haven’t done enough of these Amex offers to know for sure.

Doesn’t seem to be too many attractive buys except some Brunello. 2014 Chevillon Roncieres seems like a reasonable price at 70