Since we are picking on critics' grade-inflation, what wines have you scored 100 or "perfect"?

Mine have been:

1989 Chateau Petrus x2
1982 Chateau Mouton Rothschild x2
1986 Chateau Mouton Rothschild x1
1989 Chateau Haut Brion x1

Many wines over 95.

I’ve also had many wines scored 100 by the critics that were nowhere even close. I think the wines I scored 100 above, however, hit 100 by at least one of the major critics.

Dominus 1992.

Only the " water turned to wine " !

29 and 45 Vogue Musigny, 90 Leroy Musigny. Didn’t score them 100, as I don’t use that system, but all were perfect.

only 1

2002 Bryant Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon

Only one:
2011 Bedrock Wine Co. Sémillon Lachryma Montis, Botrytized Old Vine Monte Rosso Vineyard

2001 d’yquem and 1959 Latour

78 DRC RSV and Tache.
I heard angels singing

None.

A few others that rocked me:

1953 Ausone
1955 Ausone
1990 Cheval Blanc
2000 Cheval Blanc
2000 Lafite
1991 Dominus

…which has REALLY made it hard for me to leave the 2 bottles I have unopened

1961 Latour

One of several 1967 d’Yquem

I don’t generally issues scores, but 2001 Rieussec and 2001 Dönnhoff Brucke Eiswein hit the mark.

My tasting group does scores out of 20. I have given full marks three times: 1970 Cheval Blanc, 1970 Pétrus, and 1945 Taylor Fladgate. All three wines were part of the same tasting.

2011 Château Prieuré-Lichine Confidences de Prieuré-Lichine (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux) Gave it 90tonight but the Vikings pulled out a miracle so now I rename it 100 points and my only 100 pointer!!!

2013 Maybach Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Materium - IMO, a perfect expression of Napa Cabernet.

None. I gave 1970 Monfortino 97 points but in retrospect I think that gets a 99.

I just don’t buy the whole idea of a “perfect” wine. The really good ones are so different, in so many ways, that I don’t know what perfection would mean–or to put it another way, how can I tell that no other wine could be better than a given one? I rate wines on a star basis (so far, three stars is the highest rating I’ve given) but the number of stars is in principle unlimited. Some day no doubt I’ll find a four star. So my rating just indicates how much I enjoyed the wine, and my TN tries to explain why. No implication of how perfect it is.

Off the top of my head:

1928 Pichon Lalande
1953 Margaux
1959 Latour
1961 Palmer, Latour, Haut Brion & Latour a Pomerol
1959 Musigny (Leroy)
1985 DRC La Tache, Grands Echezeaux & Richebourg
1985 Cros Parantoux (Meo-Camuzet)
1971 Ridge Petite Sirah “York Creek”

What’s wild is that these weren’t just tastes.
Each of these were 750s shared with my wife.

TTT

Call you when I get one! [snort.gif]

Like Bueker, I don’t score wines, and I also don’t think the concept of perfect wine has any meaning or value to me. However, perhaps the most memorable wines over the years and objectively amazing were:

1795 Barbeito Terrantez Madeira
1921 “Huet” Le Mont Moelleux (in quotes because Huet didn’t own the vineyard at the time but later released the wine, which remains somewhat a mystery)
1928 Ausone
1964 Laville Haut Brion, Petrus, and Vega Sicilia
1971 Cheval Blanc (had 4 times but one bottle stands out), D’Angerville Clos de Ducs, and Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Auslese

There are also a slew of Lopez de Heredia Tondonia (red and white) and Bosconia and CVNE Viña Real that are particularly memorable from vintages from the 40s to 1970.

I also think it’s appropriate to acknowledge the generosity of others that allowed me to experience most of these.