What is your most recent wine offer—that you passed up?

all of us get daily offers. If I bit on 1%, I’d be buying every day. What have you passed on lately?

To get it started, I just passed on some 2010 P-Y C-M.

I seem to be having the opposite problem right now. Today I’m now I’ll fired up to buy 2015 Leoville Barton, thanks Neal and Martin!

yeah, but there is already a thread for that: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase? (Part 1) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Alan, I delete most of the Envoyer offers that arrive daily, but the ones I bite on are nearly always bubbly, mainly the RM stuff that I am avidly chasing and learning now. Being selective on these is very hard.

I am skipping a lot on purpose and that’s multi-factorial but I plain spaced out on the last La Clarine Farms release.

I think I got some mail from garagiste lately…haven’t openend one in years though

I now just delete the e-mails.

Just this AM - 2012 Scopetone, Brunello di Montalcino

You don’t buy every day? What kind of Berserker are you?

I don’t know if it really counts as passing up because it’s not even open yet, but I recently got notified that I made it onto the Schrader list (which I don’t actually remember signing up for, but I must have done it late one night). After one look at the prices, I decided I’m not going to bite. I’d rather blow my whole “expensive Napa cab” budget on Maybach and Macdonald.

Horsepower for me. Signed up a while back. Just have no interest at this point.

I am cutting my mailing list buys by 50% this year. Three have been deleted so far this month.

I pass on stuff frequently. My biggest regret was not signing up for MacDonald Vineyards list when everyone was hyping them up originally. I told my self just another over priced Napa Wine. Man was I wrong!!

I just looked for what is literally the last offer I received for specific wines: 2015 Edmond Cornu Pre Arrival. I suspect a number of you got this a few hours ago as well. No interest.

I also have a subsequent email from Vinfolio touting Sauternes, Italy, and a list of Northern Rhônes from inventory. Also no interest.

Just got–this afternoon–the “new Bordeaux” from Flatiron and “last hidden classicist in Cornas” from Envoyer. I admit to being tempted by this last; they send a lot of offers, though–I would say 3-4 daily, minimum.

That’s crazy. I probably delete 3/4’s of all mails just from the headings, without even going into specifics. The others I might open if it sounds intriguing or is an area of interest and will save for future reference. Most of these never get a second look. There are probably only about 8-10 really actionable things a year for a specific wine. There’s a reason they call it SPAM.

I am on a WIWBM and have not pulled the trigger in nearly a month. Feels kind of liberating as I realize all the stuff i am offered that i really just DON’T need. Dropping off a few lists, ignoring cheap and expensive champagne, burgundy, no Rhone… six offers came today.

I think I passed the most recent Dirty & Rowdy and Bedrock releases out of financial necessity.

wife insisted wine buying moratorium?

Wife-imposed is probably more like it. But, all-in-all a good thing for me. With two small kids and a busy practice, I barely have time to drink it and I definitely don’t have any place to store it that is inexpensive.