MESSAGE FROM THE MODS: APOLOGIES FOR THE SPAM PM YOU ALL RECEIVED

As you may have noticed, you received a private message advertising for a certain winery for the upcoming Berserkerday. Due to a small opening while we were delivering our own Berserkerday Message to all users, the winery representative was able to send a PM to all registered users.

The user has been deactivated. Sorry that you all received the PM. We do not endorse the winery and do not allow such solicitations.

No need to message the mods on this as it has been resolved. If you haven’t read it prior to his deactivation, you probably have no clue what I’m talking about.

Thanks

This particular Newbie winery didn’t follow any of the directions I gave, and I deactivated his account instantly.

Sorry about that.

I wish I had seen this before I bought their remaining 199 cases.

I would believe it was an error as I have bought from them for years and definitely not a typical problem… great wine too…

seems like an honest mistake and a minor annoyance for recipients…?

It may have been an ‘error’, but was against the policies, and all instructions for BerserkerDay were clearly posted in private messages to him, and the Pre-Launch forum which he could see. He went rogue.

Too bad, as we were looking forward to more cabernet sauvignon offers in BerserkerDay - that’s one fewer.

Anyone else get this spam from Todd/WB?

Hello all Welcome to 12C WINES:

We are a small production wine of about 200 cases per year.

Our fabulous winemaker Mike Smith along with the grapes from the Beckstoffer Georges III Vineyard in Rutherford Napa Valley has made this wine a great success sine the first 2017 vintage.

Mike does a great job in making this 100% Cabernet single vineyard Cabernet wine approachable from bottling. Then it continues to just get more refined.

We have been fortunate to get some nice ratings over the past several years.

Joyce and John Raudabaugh
Owners
http://www.12cwines.com
Info@12cwines.com

Yes, could be, but it’s not fair to those in BerserkerDay who read instructions provided to them. As for ‘minor annoyance’ for recipients, yes, but also damaging for the entire group, as when I announce BerserkerDay via Private Message, some might avoid it because of the additional PM received. Also, I’m floating dozens and dozens of PMs and emails in response to it.

Honest mistake, sure, but directions were given, and there’s damage control to worry about as a result.

But we can if we want to, right?

Apology not accepted. I demand restitution!

you haven’t received the flood of messages that Todd and I have. It might have stopped some people’s ability to work today. [snort.gif]

Don’t worry. Many have. flirtysmile

Should have posted the announcement in the Politics Forum. There doesn’t seem to be any enforceable rules there!

Better look out for lost wages suits! neener

non-issue

He had me at saying they have been successful since the 2017 vintage. I think that one has just gone to barrel?

Just another amusement of the day out here in the Valley. Where the sun is finally shining. Oh, wrong thread.

It gave me colitis.

Anyone else receiving SPAM for a new winery by private message?

Update ( too late to delete my post): moderators handled it. I think everyone knows they aren’t supposed to do it, or every winery in the world could do it. Opening a PM after getting an email alert is really annoying. Opening a couple of hundred would be worse.

yes