Dirty & Rowdy Release - Jan 19th

I just read an email from D&R announcing the upcoming release of the latest wines!

Dirty and Rowdy Family Wines
96a6b50a-f376-4d60-9a3c-ed6719e0d4db.jpg
WINTER RELEASE - Friday, January 19, 2018

This is our save the date notification. Ordering begins on 1/19

"Our 2018 Winter release begins Friday, 1/19 and ends Friday 1/26. This release will have two exciting new wines along with the final vintage of our Traditional Method Sparkling Wine. Quantities are small and allocations are not guaranteed. We encourage you to order early in the release period as these wines will sell out.

Winter release wines will ship in mid-March.

SHIPPING INCLUDED

DID YOU SAY SHIPPING INCLUDED?!?!?!?!?

"Why, yes we did. Ground shipping is included on orders of three 750ML bottles or more and for two 1.5Ls or more. Please note, 750s and 1.5L bottles ship separately. If you are going to mix and match formats, please order at least three 750s and two 1.5Ls for complimentary shipping on the entire order.

*We are unable to offer shipping included to AK and HI

"Next week’s email will include our complete release details and full tasting notes. Without giving too much away, we are really excited for this one!

WINES
2016 Shake Ridge Ranch Mourvèdre
$47 per 750ML / $100 per 1.5L
142 cases produced

2016 Enz Old Vines Vineyard Mourvèdre
49 cases produced

2016 Alder Springs Merlot
$50 per 750ML
94 cases produced

2016 Fred & Dora’s Old Vines Petite Sirah
$42 per 750ML
75 cases produced

2015 Traditional Method Sparkling Pinot Blanc
$47 per 750ML
75 cases produced

"We thank you for your support. Let’s get ready to drink some wine!

“Cheers,
Kate, Hardy, Matt, Amy”

That Merlot should be something. Was wondering if it’s 100% or not.

Robert- Our Merlot is 100% Merlot. It is from the first plantings at Alder Springs- We are really happy with it. I think the BDX varieties are unsung heroes at Alder Springs.

Hardy, can you talk a bit about your sparkler? Love me some CA bubbles.

Not Hardy but I will chime in on the sparklers. D&R makes my favorite CA sparklers bar none. They are downright delicious, complex and disappear quickly when they are opened in my house. Their sparklers have caused a few of my friends to hop on the D&R list for sure.

Greg

Seconding the sparklers love … just so delicious! and interesting wines. If i could swing it, I’d want a case.

Thanks to everyone for the love of our bubbles.

Our sparkling wines are Pinot Blanc based and have been focused around a vineyard in El Dorado county on Apple Hill (across from the Barsotti Vineyard). The '13s where 100% Pinot Blanc, the '14 about 80% PB and 20% Semillon, and the '15 about 85% PB with a little Chenin.

The '15 is a bit of a different critter from the '13 and '14. The 2 previous vintages leaned a bit more oxidative and the '15 leans a bit reductive. We popped one a few nights ago and thought it was stunning.

The '15 is our final release of sparkling. We have loved making them and sharing / drinking them with everyone.

Then why are you stopping?

The most amount of touch over the longest stretch of time for the least amount of money… :slight_smile:

Makes sense. It’s all about cash fleaux.

Since I am wide awake figured I would mention that the Dirty and Rowdy winter release is officially open for business ! Landed in my email at 3:06 am EST… That’s an early one…

The email:

Dirty and Rowdy Family Wines

WINTER RELEASE 1/16-1/29

Greetings! Please read the important notes and reminders before getting into the release letter:

Shipping Included:

Our prices are inclusive of shipping with the purchase of three 750ML bottles or more, and when buying at least two 1.5Ls. THIS IS HUGE! We encourage you to take advantage of the shipping included and load on up! *750s and 1.5Ls ship separately. If buying both formats you will need to buy at least 3 750s and 2 1.5Ls to participate in shipping included.

Shipping Dates:
Weather permitting, your wines will ship mid-March. You will be able to choose which ship date you’d prefer. You may contact us to make alternative shipping arrangements.

Shipping Locations:
Shipments of alcohol require an adult signature. Please choose a shipping address where one will be available. Shipments returned to Dirty and Rowdy will require shipping to be paid for a new order to be sent.

Allocation Email Link:
Please do not forward this email. The embedded link goes directly to your personal account and account information.

Greetings!

Though it may not always be practical to open 5 bottles in a night, our 2018 Winter release is a complete experience. It is best to think as these wines as chapters in a book or songs in an album, which follow a particular theme. The order presented is our suggested progression, but in the end it is up to you. Ideally, we encourage you to gather a band of sisters and brothers and pop them all over a lengthy lunch - stealthily knowing that it will become an early dinner that will end in glass clinking sing out loud songs from deep in your souls.

The red wines in this release should be decanted for 60 minutes or more. Though inviting while "popped and poured,” an hour plus in the decanter reveals so much more nuance and intricacy in these wines.

As we step into this new year, beyond being true to their place in space, if these wines have anything to say, it is, I love you. We hope you find this in every sip and reflection of these wines over the year(s) to come.

2016 Shake Ridge Ranch Mourvèdre

132 cases 750 ML produced / 10 cases of 1.5L
12.4% ABV

If there were ever any doubt that Shake Ridge was the spiritual home of Dirty and Rowdy, the ’16 solidifies it. It is our lightest, warmest, most inviting expression of Shake Ridge to date. From the start of it’s own Strawberry Fields Forever, the wine flows and descends through essential, joyful, red fruited wonderlands. The depth and concentration on such a light wine is mind boggling- Finesse, elegance. and hugs. Since the release of the 2011, Shake Ridge Ranch has been our most popular wine. The ’16 sings, "Hello everybody, so glad to see you.”

2016 Enz Vineyard Old Vines Mourvèdre

39 cases 750 ML produced / 10 cases of 1.5L
13.8% ABV

WTF!?! If Shake Ridge drinks for D&R comfort, Enz drinks for true buckle up kids adventure. A nose to tickle your pickle and a black hole of old vine fruit flavors imploding upon themselves while Aaron Neville like falsettos float weightlessly above the density. Enz’s old vine, dry farmed fervor comes through with pure electricity.

2016 Alder Springs Merlot

$50 per 750ML
94 cases produced
13.5% ABV

"Hold me tight and don’t let go.” Stoned fruit - Chambord, Framboise, nectarine, plum, and black top pavement. You’ll be whacked on the nose with intense aromatics making you think you are going to be hit with a rich and weighty wine, BUT the palate comes in juicy, alive, fresh and layered. It’s like daydreaming while watching the water sliding off your windshield at the car wash. The ’16 Alder Springs Merlot is giving, generous, and sand-stoney delicious.

2016 Fred & Dora’s Petite Sirah

$44 per 750ML
75 cases produced
13.5% ABV

Finesse, fanciness, and a confluence of light and dark forces. The 2016 Fred & Dora’s brings the right mix of deepest darkest black fruits with a crack of cacao, fresh celery and riesling like minerality. The wine is on rails, structured, lengthy, alive…It cries out for slow cooked foods, after dinner walks, and giggly mumblings of, “I am the Walrus."

2015 Traditional Method Pinot Blanc

$47 per 750ML
75 cases produced
12.5% ABV

Vinous and vigorous. The 2015 Traditional Method steps to the plate for the last vintage swinging for cerebral fences. Warm and oxidative notes pull in deep persimmon, gold and copper. It may start highbrow and brainy but it ends in chorus of, “Love is all you need. Love is all you need." We are proud to be finishing our run with sparkling wines with what is surely the champ.

We thank you for your incredible support and the sharing of our wines with your family and friends. We hope you love the winter release.

Cheers,
Kate, Hardy, Matt, Amy

I succumbed to a moment of weakness. The inaugural Dirty and Rowdy “Enz Vineyard” Mourvedre was just too tempting to pass up.

• 2 x 2016 “Enz Vineyard” Mourvedre
• 1 x 2016 “Familiar Blanc”

With shipping included on a 3-bottle purchase, the price was right. :slight_smile:

I went in for the GSM, the Enz, and the sparkler, 2 each. One of my last club lists.

What was the GSM? Must have missed that in the mailer.

First time buyer and can’t wait to try these wines! Order in for one of each including the MSG and Familiar Blanc.

He likely is referring to the MSG from the last release.
14087EF3-234E-43FD-8B98-2EDD77707439.jpeg
DED6B9DE-076A-484C-8567-FAFB050AE46C.png

Yep. Was falling asleep while ordering and overdosing on Aussie open tennis.

Went for 9 bottles, may have to add bubbles if I can figure out a way to pare down Carlisle.

has anyone had the MSG