ZAP Heritage Zin - 2015 Ridge version

Has anyone tasted this release? Anyone buying?

There are scant few purchases of previous releases posted on Cellartracker. The 2011 release, by Scott Harvey, got the most love… The link Ridge provides to the ZAP project shows a veritable who’s who of Zin producers and goes back to '97, for a vineyard started in '95. Heritage Vineyard Project – ZAP

I have tried them both about two months ago back to back. I recall enjoying the Ridge more than the Scott Harvey. Both tasted very-very young and primary and needed more time to age. I was not super impressed by either of these wines for the most part. Honestly they presented that day as quite pedestrian.

I have always been envious of those lucky folks who attend ZAP or HVS events and get their hands on these rare one-offs.

Question: the fruit source for the annual ZAP wine is always the “Napa Heritage Vineyard”, with a different winemaker, right?

HVS offers a different set-up, correct? :neutral_face:

That is correct Drew.

I got an offer from Ridge due to my membership in their ATP club. It’s offered at $29.75/btl for the full case price, otherwise it’s $31.50
At that price it needs to surpass a bunch of fave Zins; Scherrer OMV and Bedrock, besides the other Ridge offerings like Lytton and Geyserville.

I’m interested by the novelty and was hoping for some endorsements that it is worth stocking up on…