TN: 2002 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Ursules Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot

I’m a fan of Urusles in general. Ages well, doesn’t cost a kidney, and shows some typicity, albeit in a rustic, old school, Beaune way. Have had most of the '90s and '00s and this one rivals the great '90 and '93.
This '02 stands out as the most polished of recent memory and immediately gratifying of the bunch. Continues to improve. Glad I have a few more to track over the next decade.

• 2002 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Ursules Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Beaune 1er Cru (1/7/2018)
    Excellent showing. Best yet. Smells youthful and energetic. Palate has some of the bright, clean, present red fruit. Really delicious . With air, a chocolate dusted cherry flavor came on that was really enticing. While it was tasty and giving, this seems to have plenty in reserve and has not moved to secondary pinot yet. Still youthful.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks Dennis. I opened one of these almost exactly 2 years ago, and it was not yet open enough for full enjoyment. Given my limited stash I may still wait a bit though.

I need to dig up one of my 2001s.

David- My last bottle, fall of '16, was not there yet either and was borderline enjoyable. This one was just starting to be what I want, but delicious in a youthful way. We are moving in the right direction. Waiting another couple years is probably about right.

This is one of my favorite bottles of wine, year in and year out. I have a good bunch of magnums laying down.

Dennis

tx for this note. Any thoughts on 2005

2000 is drinking really well at the moment

I actually have not tried '05. Have a couple, just figured it’s nowhere near time based on '05 and how long Ursules takes. Perhaps I’ll cave soon.

Don’t. Based on a bunch of 2005 Burgs I have opened as science experiments, there is no way it is close to any kind of drinking window.

+1000

Sounds very nice and right up my alley, Dennis. Thanks for the note.

Cheers,
Doug

Thanks, guys. I figured as much. Tried a 2005 Laurent Sentiers back in October that was closed up tight.

[cheers.gif]

Thanks for taking one for the team Dennis. Every few months I look at my last 3 bottles and have so far mustered enough willpower. I still chuckle about a wine dinner several years ago when a Cali Pinot Maker suggested that the 2002 Ursules was peaking and wouldn’t last more than another year or 2.

RT

Ha! Thats a good one! It’s becoming one of my favorite Ursules, at least it feels the most complete of the many I’ve tried from recent decades.
Waiting won’t hurt!

Tasted it two years ago. This one is in it for the long haul. In a lineup with '09 & '10, it showed plenty of upside.

I’d look at '00, '98, and '95 for drinking now.

We had '95 and '96 just before Christmas. Both showed well but the '96 was the better.