Restaurant in Burgundy

I’m looking for your help to find a nice hotel/restaurant in Burgundy for next week wednesday in Burgundy…

My usual suspects are closed on that date (Le Chevreuil in Meursault and La Lameloise in Chagny)

Levernois?

A shame about Lameloise, pretty sure it’s the best restaurant in the Côte d’Or, with a very scenic train ride from Beaune. Unless it has to be Michelin-starred I would seek out Millésime in Chambolle-Musigny - reasonably priced food in the Bib-Gourmand-range, great wine list and lots of winemakers amongst the clientele. Happy hunting!! (Wish I was there :frowning: )

Burgundy is large - where …?

In Beaune try
http://www.lecomptoirdestontons.com/
or
http://www.burgundyeye.com/restaurants/restaurants-1/beaune/ma-cuisine

Both have a fine selection of (also more mature) wines - something hard to find nowadays.

More possibilities in the north …

Agree with Lameloise … [cheers.gif]

Millesime: we´ve been there 3 times … for me it´s a bit chicky-micky … (good, but not as good as it seems), and on the wine-list there were either only (far too) young wines, or priced in the stratosphere …
I prefer “Le Chambolle” … more traditional, but very good … and simply “nicer” … (imho)

Gerhard,

Although I’m not 100% sure what that means, I agree that the interior of Millesime is slightly posh :slight_smile: It’s been four years since my last visit so I’ll take your words into consideration and, hopefully sooner rather than later, visit one of the alternatives you list. Cheers!

Friends,
i agree that the wines on Millésime’s wine list are far too young and way too expensive. But I’m afraid that the sympathetic LE Chambollle has turned the corner and done the same thing : recent millésimes only and terribly expensive. A shame…There is no point of having MUSIGNYS on your list selling them for 1000 Euros where once you could find a BONNES MARES by ROUMIER at 100 Euros. Of course everybody wanted it so it disapppeared from the list as soon as it was introduced there…
SINCERELY JOHAN

Le Terroir in Santennay and La Lune in Beaune are excellent.

A Bonnes Mares by Roumier at 100 euros?.. you must be kidding… maybe Laurent Roumier?..