TN: 2002 Clos Roche Blanche Touraine Cuvée Cot (France, Loire Valley, Touraine)

• 2002 Clos Roche Blanche Touraine Cuvée Cot - France, Loire Valley, Touraine (1/2/2018)
    I didn’t have high hopes as my previous (second to last) bottle of this was thin and not showing much of interest. However this one more than made up for it as it was singing and at absolute peak. I remember buying these at Chambers St. back when they were released and chatting with David at the time.

Beautiful pure cherry fruit, complex, harmonious, joyful and life affirming. Everything that I could possibly want from a wine and the epitome of what CRB was. Perfect way to welcome in the new year.

Posted from CellarTracker

cool bottle Jay, glad that it hit such high notes. happy new year!

Happy New Year Matt!

Oh you’re a lucky man. I’m nursing my single 2006 of this for it’s 20th b’day.

15-16 years seems to be a good time to be opening them. I’m sure it will go to 20, though I don’t recall offhand if the 2006 included the young vines or not. I remember that the first vintage to be labeled Cuvee Cot included the young vines but after that memory fades.

Like an idiot I bought no 2003s but I still have a few 2004s.

Thanks, I’m down to my last two of the 2002s so data points are greatly appreciated.

When would be a good time to open the 2005 Cot? I have two bottles in the cellar.

The answer to you and Mike is the Southern Jeebus. I’ll supply 2009.

2004 showed very well earlier last year, though not as well as the 2002.

2009 was still gorgeous about 3 years ago. I’m holding my remaining bottle(s?).