TN: 2014 Domaine Hervé Sigaut Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Sentiers Vieilles Vignes

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the heads up here, Don!
Cheers to you and Happy New Year.

Thanks for the note, Don. Sounds like a real winner.

Looks like HDH Retail has a good chunk available at an attractive sale price. I picked up a few based on your note.

Coincidentally had my first bottle of Sigaut wine a few weeks, the '05 Chambolle - Chatelots, and it was quite lovely ! Well balanced with bright fruit.

The label may not impress your Burg friends but if one wants to drink solid 1er Chambolle (or Morey), this appears to be one of the most cost effective ways to do it. Especially in the case of accessing Fuees.

SSHHH,
lets keep this on the downlow

A number of years ago I bought quite a bit of Sigaut Chatelots in 500ml bottles. All were delicious. Have had a couple of other cuvées that have been very good also.

Nice note, Don. I love these Siguat wines. They are very pretty and tasty.

Kent - 500 ml bottles ??

About halfway between a half bottle and a bottle ?

Is that something new ?

Their 2015 Fuees is terrific. I just picked up a bunch of it after trying a half bottle. They also had some 2010s at the same price, so I grabbed those too.

So much for New Year’s resolutions. rolleyes

See them a bit in France, especially Rhone wines in restaurants.Great size, a glass and a half each for 2 people. A half bottle doesn’t quite wet the whistle.
The Sigaut 500ml were from 96 vintage if memory serves me correctly so it certainly is not a new thing. Would like to see more of them.

Ken, you haven’t broken your resolution if they were fuees.

Don, that is a good note. I have sold but have not tried Sigaut’s 2015s. I have tasted though the 2014s couple of times and, starting with the Chambolle-Musigny Bussieres VV through to the Chambolle-Musigny 1er cru Sentiers VV, the wines have the darker red fruit profile that you describe and, while they have some flesh and a supple texture, there is good acidity providing freshness and vigor. Atherton Imports just recently began importing these wines to California. I expect that they will begin to get some attention, particularly if the prices remain in the $50-$70 range, as is the case with the 2014s.

Disclaimer: As indicated, I sell these wines.

[scratch.gif]

free

It doesn’t hurt that the Sigaut’s are kind, modest, understated people. I think their wines reflect their humility.

Ken,
Thanks for this note. I bought some Sentiers and Fuees from 2015. Haven’t tasted them yet. I expect them to be quite good. Glad you gave up your New Years resolution for this one. Cheers.

Here’s my note, FWIW.

11/18/2017
Pop n pour. Huge nose of ripe cherries and spice. Rich and ripe in the mouth. Quite round with spice (Amy says “white pepper and ginger”) and fruit. Fairly long finish. Slowly opening up. Gorgeous nose. 92-94
Just keeps opening up over 4 hours. Glorious. 93-95.

Has anyone had the 2010 Fuees recently? A friend expressed a concern that it might be shut down now.

Thanks for this tip. I picked up 3 btls the other day.

Those HDH sale prices are very good. If the 2015s are as good as the 2014s, the wines should be swept.