2005 Truchot Trio

Had the pleasure of tasting the Combottes and Clos Sorbes side by side tonight and the Sentieres 4 and 6 months ago.

The Combottes is by far the most enjoyable at this time.

• 2005 Domaine Truchot-Martin Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Aux Combottes Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru (12/28/2017)
    Drank alongside the Clos Sorbes. This was the most open of the 3. Some earth and minerals in the palate but also some spice and sour tart cherry. This really benefited from an hour in the decanter. More dusty red in color than the other 2 and also the most approachable. This is more like what I would imagine Truchot to be like and most similar in profile to the 1992 that I had. Planning on tucking away my lone bottle for 5-10 years.
  • 2005 Domaine Truchot-Martin Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Clos Sorbes Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Morey St. Denis 1er Cru (12/28/2017)
    Drank alongside the Combottes. This was very much shut down. Not as dark and unyielding as the Sentiers but nowhere near as open as the Combottes. Saved 80% of the bottle for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
  • 2005 Domaine Truchot-Martin Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Sentiers - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru (6/10/2017)
    Still very much shut down. Off a restaurant list and they would not let me take it home. Very dark fruit in profile and grand cru weight. This lacked the spice and prettiness of the 92 a few months ago. Unyielding even after 2 hours of decant. I wish I could have squirreled this away for 10-20 years. Wait on this one.

Posted from CellarTracker

Very nice bro. Truchot is such a crazy burg.

Doesn’t really taste like burg to me. Remember those 85 and 91 charmes? Almost cote rotie like on the nose cause so wild and meaty. The 05 combottes was really tasty. Lots of wild bramble fruit and a cabinet full of stock spice. Not super typical burgundy flavors. I guess that’s what makes them distinctive.

I thought the sorbets opened up just a little at the end of a hour. Tannins weren’t as hard.

Yup, I was going to say rhony.

It was 85 and 90 :slight_smile:

Oops that’s right 85 and 90. Been 4 years already! Time flies.

Night 2. At Liholiho Yacht Club. The Clos Sorbes really opens up. Tastes like Dujac but without stems. Pairing actually works believe it or not.
IMG_8072.JPG

The '85 is softening for sure - we need to try again sometime soon :slight_smile:.

Is that Spam?

Yessir. Delicious house made hipster spam.

Thanks for the notes Fred - I have all Truchot 2005s safely lost in the cellar at the moment…it will not be long until I have the thing entirely organized.

-mark

Mark, take your time, You have a decade or two. These were off a restaurant list.