Cellartracker Question about troublesome botellas.

Heya, I was looking at CT and noticed that a couple people that I don’t know had some flawed bottles from me. I would like to replace them. So if you are or you know who ScottW, Sonnychiba or Eags25fla are… I would like to make this right. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance. Todd

Can’t help you with matching names, but one thing you could also try is to simply make a comment on their TN, and ask them to get in touch with you.

I see only the options to favorite the author or report an issue.

Maybe you can PM Eric

[resizeableimage=900,675]https://image.ibb.co/meep6b/F121_AC96_59_E6_4047_984_A_D97_FC98_A51_D5.jpg[/resizeableimage]

Good on you for doing this Todd.
I take the hit on faulty bottles, mostly because I cellar them, so it’s often a few years after I bought it.Plus with buying much of my wine online, it feels more hassle to return. Indeed the only bottle I’ve ever returned was one that had suffered (unplanned) secondary fermentation. They’re excuses really - I know I should return them, because by not doing so, I’m allowing the problems of TCA to be ignored by the industry.

I’m always impressed by producers and merchants that go out of their way to make it clear that faulty wine is a problem, and one the customer shouldn’t have to foot the bill for. Over here ‘The Wine Society’ are exemplary, and notably took an active role in calling out Premox in white Burgs, going so far as to offer a recall on white Burgs that were suffering high Premox rates, but also with a very clear policy of any faulty wine would be refunded/replaced.

Brian, I guess this would make me have to switch out from “Classic” mode… I will try it. I don’t like change, which is why I don’t inoculate or filter I suppose.

Thanks Ian.

This worked quite well for me. Based upon my posted CT tasting note of a Riverain Cabernet, Steve Nordhoff posted a comment offering to replace the bottle as my note suggested it was a flawed bottle.
I much appreciated that proactive customer service and shows focus on delivering a quality product to the consumer.

What’s Classic mode? [snort.gif]

Does it have a search function? :wink:

The cold fusion of the internet

Alright, I switched from Classic made contact, then switched back to Classic. If they want a replacement, they are set.

There are a lot of CT handles in this thread:

Thanks Ken.

Wow! This is the kind of customer service you that don’t see everywhere… thanks Todd!

I’m with you…still using classic mode. I don’t like change at all. Once a decade feels too often for me with webpages.

Lived for the IBM AS/400 baby.

Remember Grape Stories. [wow.gif] Or New Coke. How about the Edsel! [cry.gif]