Best way to burn $500 at Total Wine?

I’m $500 short of the Grand Reserve spend requirement for the year…I’m a sucker for my yearly bottle of Pappy, so do you have any suggestions as to how I should burn the last 5 bills?

2014 Bordeaux. They have all the first growth at reasonable prices. 1 bottle and u are mostly through that spend requirement.

Krug Grand Cuvee

A case of 2010 La Dame de Montrose.

Spirits

Bordeaux, almost all of which is “Winery Direct” so you get 15 points instead of 10 points per dollar spent, at least on their program rules in GA. While the quality of Winery Direct producers can be suspect in most regions, Bordeaux is an exception. And their Bordeaux pricing is fairly competitive (though I’m kicking myself for not buying enough for top status when they had a recent 10% off Winery Direct deal).

I concur with the bordeaux. They have a solid selection. I think some 2015s are starting to trickle in as well.

Interesting. I grabbed six on futures but never cracked one. Have you tried since release? Thanks!

A split of DRC.

A sip of DRC ?

powerball

Do gift cards count? You could sell it and get most of the money back.

isn’t it already too late for the pappy?

My guess is that it is to maintain grand reserve status for next years allocation. And the best way to burn $500 is by buying me a belated Xmas gift and yes I like Bdx too :wink: and think that the funds are best spent there generally speaking, granted inventories and pricing do vary state to state, but I digress.

Correct assumption. Thanks to all for the suggestions. Gift cards are eligible, apparently, but I’d rather buy juice. Seems like Bdx is a solid call. Going to poke around tomorrow and see if any '15s have appeared.

box of cigars, i think you get 10% off that also

2014 VCC. Reasonable price depending on local supplies.

I bought two a while ago, then I read the most recent tasting note by Motz on CT and bought two more.
I opened one of those over the Christmas weekend.
Call me a believer. This week I went back for two more.
I’m not planning to open another one for at least 2 more years.

I think it varies but they almost always have a 15% off or $15 off of $100 coupons. Might as well get the best price on your BDX.

will have to pick up some La Dame.

Anyone pull a cork on the Montrose post release?