TN: 2011 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Corton Charlemagne.

recent purchase of some 2015 made me want to taste one with at least a few years on it. Drinking Corton Charlemagne this young is a bit of a travesty, ameliorated some by the risk of premox.

This is old school—in a good way—Corton Charlemagne. Dense and oily, almost thick and chewy, it’s the essence of citrus wrapped in acidity, some steeliness and a very rigid spine, though the wine fans out on the finish, lasts and lasts. Really great stuff.

Oh man, PYCM GC. Thursday night balla.

tough case today and just a half day tomorrow.

Well deserved.

Sounds great. I’m liking the 2011 vintage more and more. We recently tasted 4 Meursaults from 2011 including the PYCM MP. The wines are taut with a lovely acid based energy that make them fun to drink.

if his MP didn’t cost the same as the CC, I’d buy that one also—it’s fabulous.

I wasn’t a huge fan of this wine, sold off half of mine. It was the oily thick and chewy character I disliked. Not my style of CC.

Thursday night’s a great night to get in to some good Burg. Most of the work done for the week, but not so obvious like the weekend.

Love the 2011 whites right now.

Just bought 5 of the 2015 MP for more than what the CC is running. I think the MP is the better wine. It’s also much harder to find.

I opened the 2009 of this about a month ago, and it too was stunningly good. No hint of flabbiness to be found - just rich fruit, precision, and length for days.

I think in general I prefer Meursault Perrieres to CC, and especially with PYCM. I have an 11 MP I might open during the holidays. I haven’t tried anything from that vintage other than the St. Aubin en Remilly.

Funny I am a surgeon as well and when I have long tough day in the OR I always reach for something special that night.

I love the PYCM wines. Have got to get some of the CC at some point. I love good CC, and the PYCM style should jive really well with me. Thanks for this excellent note, Alan. And sounds like it was richly deserved!

No kidding. Like finding hen’s teeth.

Like a lot of really good '11s the PYCM MP is beginning to show its stuff–I’d call it restrained in a refined MP kind of way. I don’t think you’ll regret opening it Jerry.

I suspect that was a Sage purchase!

Too far down the totum pole for that allocation. I had to cull them from 2 separate sources.

I did make my first Sage Society purchase yesterday though!

what the heck is Sage Society? Btw, I just bought a couple b of the MP.

Please PM me your source, hope they have a couple more. Thanks.

Nice note Alan. I’ve had the 11 CC once, about a year ago, and it drank beautifully. I’m also loving PYCM’s 2012 CC. With premox a risk, I’m trying whites earlier and if they are great, I keep opening them. Which is an easy decision at our age. As an aside, I got some half bottles of 2014 Bouchard CC, so decided to try one. Expected it to be closed. But it was big and rich, and also very much open for business.