FYI: good quality rose champagne for $29

It is hard to find a decent rose champagne for ~$30. I have not had this disgorgement so can’t attest to the quality of this particular bottle, but I’ve had the Henri Abele Rose label before and it’s solid. At Calvert Woodley now.

Thanks Neal. I saw the email, but have not ever tried the producer. Your good opinion means a lot!

Uh-oh. On the hook. It is a reliable producer of good quality stuff. Won’t blow you away, but for holiday parties a $30 real champagne rose is a good deal.

Moutard Rose is very decent at $32.00 in PA which means several $$ less elsewhere. I don’t care for the Blanc, but the Rose is nice. Our go to inexpensive sparkler.

+1 on the Moutard

Ha! No worries - there’s no hook. I kinda figure it’s not Vilmart :slight_smile: But there’s a lot of bad $30 champagne around, so it’s nice to hear a rec on one that could do the yeoman’s work at parties but still might make me happy.

I’m out in the country, but my parents still live in NoVa and can make wine runs to my old standbys in DC like CW and Macarthur’s.

Neal, Ive had this rose and thought it to be charming if not elegant. Its very easy on the palate and with a good chill, a perfect warm weather thirst quencher. And as you state, a good QPR.

The Moutard is an entirely different rose as the difference in colour first denotes. It is full and rich with cola enriched red cherry/ berry fruit and offers a mouthful of treasures. It`s already in my rose lineup along with about 8 others.

Thanks for the reminder on the Henri Abele Rose. I will replenish my stash.

Very different but I love them both for what they are, Blake. Bargain champagne in any style is OK with me

Including California Champagne?
Andre.jpg

Grrrrrrr

+1