TN: 2014 Blard & Fils Vin de Savoie Apremont Anno Domini 1248

My great luck with Savoyard wines continues. They are not always for everyone but they are distinct and often of very high quality (of course I do my research/ask for recs when in the region). This one goes to the direction of Sancerre when it comes to uncompromising dryness, savoriness and tangy intensity, however with a flavor profile more reminiscent of Riesling. Its important measurements are 11.5 (ABV) and 12.50 (Euros) so it is kind to both one’s liver and wallet. It is a 100 % Jacquère, of course.

• 2014 Blard & Fils Vin de Savoie Apremont Anno Domini 1248 - France, Savoie, Vin de Savoie Apremont (17.12.2017)
    Remarkably salty, stony and zesty on the nose with notes of peach and grapefruit and a floral tone. Expressive, intense and pure. On the palate bone dry and as intense as Harrison Ford’s stare. Definitely not big but has nice viscosity and remarkable focus. There are different tones to the ripeish fruit but the most central one is the distinct zestiness. Really electric acidity - like licking a battery. This is for all the acid-heads out there but it’s not too austere, just screaming for food. Leaves one’s mouth watering, big time.

Posted from CellarTracker