TN: Some recent goodies:Bachelet, Dom, Fourrier, Sabine, Special Club

SOME RECENT GOODIES: LAFON, BACHELET, DOM, FOURRIER, SABINE, SPECIAL CLUB - (12/7/2017-12/16/2017)

These are some recent wines I have enjoyed, and one disappointing Fourrier.

• 2014 Domaine des Comtes Lafon Volnay 1er Cru Santenots-Du-Milieu - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Volnay 1er Cru (12/16/2017)
    Dark in color but it is light and lively in every way. First, this is just delicious, with dark, tart, cherry and plum. It dances nimbly, flashing its fruit, while droping hints of happy holiday spices, pretty earth, and black tea. Amazing wine that is really delicious right now, with power and complexity that will only make it better over time. (95 pts.)
  • 2015 Domaine Fourrier Gevrey-Chambertin Vieille Vigne - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin (12/16/2017)
    Disappointing. What a letdown after an amazing Bachelet GCVV ffrom the same vintage. This comes out clunky and out of balance. The fruit is quite ripe perceptually, almost candied, ugh. There is some spice, and pine box. Finish resolves with something missing? Revisit with caution.
  • 2005 Henri Goutorbe Champagne Grand Cru Special Club - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (12/16/2017)
    This was so delicious. At first I was taken aback at the fairly ripe tropical aromas of dried apricot and dried pineapple, along with yummy bread-like yeasty notes, almost leesy. Luckily the tropical did not come through to the palate. It was crisp and refreshing and quite full, with refreshing white fruit, hints of bay leaf, and fine sweet clay dust perceptions. I liked this. It is ready to go the day you bring it home too. (93 pts.)
  • 2009 Dom Perignon Champagne - France, Champagne (12/16/2017)
    Whooo, yummy, is my first thought! This is delicious and easygoing. This comes across as ripe -for Dom- while still showing dusty stones, dry earth. I dare say there is an ever so slight hint of something tropical on the nose, in a very good way!, but the palate stays, with just hints of sweet, subtle dried lemon, and refreshing juiciness, intermixing with the stones and earth already mentioned. (94 pts.)
  • 2015 Domaine Denis Bachelet Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin (12/16/2017)
    This is an incredible Village level wine that will compete with many a great Premier Cru. Gevrey and Bachelet markers of tart, dark cherries, iron, game blood, dusty iron/clay mineral, it is easy going, but with great depth. This is shiny and excellent, with power just below the surface. Man is this great! This will reward today, say if you drank it slowly over an evening… (94 pts.)
  • NV Champagne Godmé Sabine Champagne Grand Cru - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (12/16/2017)
    These are terrific. Red fruit, tart strawberry, dry with a nice chalky mineral component. It is playful, tart, juicy, succulent, but also serious, with plenty of depth and percision. Really nice. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker