TN: 2007 Domaine Font de Michelle Châteauneuf-du-Pape

2007 Domaine Font de Michelle Châteauneuf-du-Pape - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (12/15/2017)
2007 always causes a bit of trepidation with Chateauneuf. So many wines have been overripe, over alcoholic, overdone. Not so here. This is an elegant wine, with very classic herbal, leather, earth and dusty fruit flavors. It’s a little bit subtle, so needs food that is not aggressively flavored, but it’s a wine for drinking, and isn’t that what a wine should be.

Posted from CellarTracker

I suppose this was the regular cuvee, not the Etienne Gonnet …

I bought this producer quite often until 2003/05, but not afterwards - no specific reason except I wanted to try something else instead … the style is half traditional, half modern (destemming) - and the E.Gonnet sees new wood, but the regular not so - I think.

I like the style, it´s not hugely impressive but always very drinkable and balanced …

However I don´t know the 2007, but I had positive experiences with the vintage recently: a Bois de Boursan 2007 was very fine, and in a tasting of Pegau 2007/2005/2003 (blind, but I did recognize it) all three were super …

This was the regular.

Haven’t had a Font de Michelle CDP in a while, but the style was always to my liking - elegant, medium bodied, and clean.