Krug | Ganevat | Tremblay

Was this supposed to go on instagram??

• Krug Champagne Brut Grande Cuvée
    160 edition, fresh, rich and tangy flavours with ripe dried fruit and cream, subtle and elegant with fine bubbles.

• 2014 Jean-François Ganevat Côtes du Jura Les Grands Teppes Vieilles Vignes
    Oozing up citrus, white fruits and chalky minerals. On the palate tight and focused with lemon and lime, purity and racy acidity. Youthful and quite powerful with good length.

• 2014 Cecile Tremblay Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Aux Murgers
    Superb aromas of ripe red fruit and black fruit. Great character with intense concentration but still very elegant with fabulous, complex and savoury undertones.

Posted from CellarTracker

I don’t remember the Murgers the two times I visited Trembley. Is this new to her, or did I just not taste (or at my age, remember) this wine?

2009 was the first vintage of Murgers chez Tremblay. Cécile took it over earlier but decided to replant with superior vine material, so the vines are comparatively young. But the 2009 is drinking very well, and each vintage seems to gain in depth and energy. She makes an elegant rendition of Murgers with very gentle extraction and very careful pressing using a vertical press to avoid excessively firm tannins.

Thanks. We were there in 2011 and 2013. Must just not have tasted that one

champagne.gif

Cecile will acquire even more vineyards when leases expire including vines in Clos Vougeot.