NV Krug Grande Cuvee 163eme Edition at sunset

As mentioned in a previous tasting note, here I am, on the Pacific side of a Southern part of Mexico [Zihuatanejo] celebrating a special birthday for which I brought some great champagne to enjoy over the 10 day stay. With average temperatures ranging from lows of 73º to highs of 87º and humidity hovering in the mid 70s, cool, refreshing beverages are heaven. I had that covered with a chilled bottle of:

NV KRUG GRANDE CUVEE- in a half bottle and a perfect fit inside the foot mold of one of my swimming fins [the NV Krug Rose half bottle occupied the other fin]; this is the first time I realised the code on the bottle actually specifies it`s for a half bottle; the code was 114005 which denoted the bottle received its cork in the winter of 2013/2014, comes from 183 wines from 12 different vintages with 1990 the oldest and 2007 the youngest; it also was ages for over 5 years, is made up of 37% Pinot Noir, 32% Chardonnay and 31% Pinot Meunier and is part of the 163eme edition.

Tasting notes: rich and full bodied with layers of complexity, this had an ever evolving fruit profile which included peach, pear, apple and lemon all of which had accents of ginger, toasted brioche, almond butter and honey; it was so full on, our best enjoyment was to just take occasional sips and enjoy all of the treasures as they slid in, over and down as did the sun into the ocean.

Cheers,
Blake
fullsizeoutput_18e4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_18ef.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_18f1.jpeg

Very nice! Happy Birthday Blake! champagne.gif

This is a better-written love story than Titanic. Also, I think you would have moved over and let the Krug on the Door with you.

Lovely evening, Blake.

Thanks Mark and Nick for your kind comments. It was a lovely evening indeed.

Well done, Blake!

This sounds like a wonderful evening Blake. Thanks for the note on the Krug.