It's time for the first (and hopefully annual) Berserker of the Year Award!!!

We’ve never had such an award, though we are on our 9th (is it 9? I usually count by BerserkerDays…and forgot to check before writing this post!) year as a community. There is no shortage of incredible people with unlimited spirits of generosity here, but one CLEARLY stands out. Our Berserker of the Year 2017 voluntarily stepped up to help victims of all the terrible fires this year, including the most recent catastrophic loss of property owned by two of the happiest, most wonderful people in this community - Dana and Mike Stoneking. His efforts raised over $18,000 for their relief efforts, which will most definitely come in handy as they wait for FEMA and insurance money to come in and replace the structure. His efforts raised awareness and brought out dozens and dozens of other generous gifts - both donors and bidders - to create the most spectacular relief effort I’ve ever seen on a wine forum.

Congratulations, Brian Tuite! I will change your avatar to the award avatar, and hope you will be willing to keep it active until next year around this time, assuming we have another such award. Your humility may cause you to back off it, so I encourage you to consider that by showing it, others may be inspired to make a difference just as you have, so think of it less as bragging and more as passing the baton to another.
berserker of the year 2017.jpg
champagne.gif

Superb choice!!!

Bravo!

Looks great on a resume!

Certainly well deserved.

Sucks that he’s his own boss!!!

Without question. Good job Brian!

Not really :wink:

Thanks for the honor Todd, can I swap that avatar for a badge after a month or so? Pretty please.

I figured that was coming, so I beat you to the punch…

Your humility may cause you to back off it, so I encourage you to consider that by showing it, others may be inspired to make a difference just as you have, so think of it less as bragging and more as passing the baton to another.

I saved your old avatar, so in a YEAR we can change it back [berserker.gif]

Todd, great idea and fantastic first choice!

Congrats Brian.

Brian, I MAY consider (prolly not) a smaller version, or a watermark over another avatar, but a simple badge just won’t do it. Regardless, this has to stay for a while.

Great job Brian! Brilliant idea Todd and a perfect choice.

Well deserved!

My only concern is now that he’s big important award winner he won’t want to hang out with the rest of us anymore.

He’s like Superman - as soon as someone is in need, he will be there to save the day.

Obvious choice and well deserved accolade! Congrats Brian!

And don’t forget that Mike also raised money for fire victims in Sonoma a couple months back!

Jay - everyone wants to hang out with you. How else do you account for our attendance at a dinner that you organize and then decline to attend?

Good for Brian. He really is a stand up guy. Reminds me of the guys my dad used to hang around with - you knew you could just count on them to take care of things. Award or not, I’m glad to know him.

I just told Brain well done. This has been the best thing here in a good while. Man, fire is scary shit and living thru any natural disaster simply takes a toll.

I imagine Brain’s avatar could be far worse so perhaps play this one as it lies buddy.

Great Job. Thanks for inspiring us and leading by example.

Sean

go go Brian!

Brain and Brain! What is Brain?

Such well deserved recognition. [highfive.gif]