Experience With Ancillary?

I recently was able to purchase some Myriad wine and, as a result was offered an Ancillary Cellars Pinot/Chardonnay allotment. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of these wines? My impression is that they might be akin to Kosta Browne offerings. yes/no?

I’m not much of a PN drinker, preferring Burgundy, but I was impressed by Ancillary Sun Chase enough to rebuy. I’d bet they are fresher and less cola’d than KB.

recent kb or stereotypical kb?

Like Ancillary but prefer Patine also made by Mike Smith and using a bunch of the same vineyards.

This. Tasted with mike and enjoyed the ancillary and bought some.

The Chardonnay is from Wente clone. Great aromatics, judicious oak, bright fruit. Of the Pinots I’m partial to the Sun Chase Whole Cluster but all three are good.

The 2014 chard blew me away. As soon as I tasted it, I went to the website and ordered 6 more bottles.

Been buying since the 2012 vintage. Just PNs no Chard. One of my favorite. They usually don’t last long enough to age.

Great wines to just drink. Are they the most earthshattering Pinots you will ever try no, but they are not at that price point either.

In terms of price to quality they significantly out kick their coverage. I was fortunate enough to try the Sunchase and Sangiacomo before labels were on the bottle for the first release. I have been a buying every since. I have also been buying Patine from the beginning, their Gaps Crown and Sangiacomo are really good as well. I don’t see a huge difference between the two Sunchase vineyard bottlings.

Cheers,

Mark

I haven’t tried newer KBs so I don’t know…

Sounds like I may have to try some!

Sorry,

Correction to my earlier post, Patine makes a Sobreannes not a Sangiacomo. Doing to many things at once.

Cheer,

Mark