My current favorite Bourgogne Rouge

This has to be the best sub-$25 red in our cellar.
2014 Domaine Bertheau (Pierre et François) Bourgogne - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (12/10/2017)
My current favorite bourgogne rouge. Sick Q/P. Sour cherry, earthy, gulpable! Another “wish I had bought more” wine.

We just drank another of these tonight. It has slipped away faster than expected as it’s within arm’s length of the cellar door and no boxes have to be moved to pull a bottle.

I find it counter productive to compare Bourgognes when there is such a wide range of prices. It’s apples and oranges.

At $45 it’s hardly prices as a typical Bourgogne. You could buy some decent Villages Burgundy for that price, maybe some 1ers, too.

I paid $25 for this wine. And it is well worth it.

If you are paying $45 you are getting ripped off, and not by the producer.

Wine Searcher finds only the 2015 available at one retailer in Cali. Price is $45.

The 2015 was also $25 through Envoyer and other places, but I think it’s the last one that was/will be made.

I never understand this comment. Ignoring the obvious concerns of equating price with an artificial classification system developed 100+ years ago, does the same critique hold true if you pay $2,000 for a grand cru ? Regardless, Adam, Warren and others clearly enjoy the wine, so who is anyone to say they’re getting ripped off --even at $45 ? I suppose the intent is to say you can find better bourgogne for less, but can’t we say this about almost any wine ?

That’s all going to be academic soon, as 2015 was, I think, the last vintage of this cuvée, the grapes now being sold off to négoce.

Not at all what I was getting at. There was no issue getting the wine for far less when it was still reasonably available.

If you have the chance, the 2014 Thibault Liger-Belair Bourgogne “Les Grands Chaillots” is stunning. Less than $27 in NA. Sold at 16 euros at the domaine from what I have heard. It is really a glorious effort.

I paid $24.99.
The Thibault Liger-Belair sounds great. I’ll have to look for that one. There’s a “Bourgogne Rouge” thread, but I don’t recall seeing a “Sub $30 Bourgogne Rouge” thread. I think I’ll start that one.
Cheers,
Warren

I received a $28 offer on a village wine today: Roche De Bellene Savigny Les Beaune
Vieilles Vignes 2015
I’m going to pick up a few.

Cheers,
Warren

Drank an '09 Bize “Perrieres” last nite that was tasty. I regularly drink the Bellene BB and BR and while not earth shattering is a good worknite wine and under $20. Other BRs I like are JJ Girard, Borgeot, Bichot, Thibert, Michel Gros, Dubreuil-Fontaine and Girardin. All around $20 and good worknite wines! Heck, I even throw back Jadot’s BR as long as it ain’t too old.

2015 Pommier Bourgogne Rouge, so good…

Popped a 2015 Duroche “Pinot noir” red burgundy over the weekend. Completely delivered for $26.

He was just saying that this particular wine was widely available for much less than $45 on release.