Recommendations for central coast?

I will be driving up from LA with friends to taste in the central coast on Saturday December 16th. I have something set up at the Stolpman estate (love their various whites). Any suggestions for other informal visits? And while you are at it, any recommendations for a good place to eat that night? There are 7 of us plus a few kidlings, so I think Industrial Eats is out since no reservations there.

Thanks.

Bill

As far as places to go that take reservations for that many folks for dinner, are you looking g for something casual or fancier? If casual, the Tap Room at the Firestone Walker Brewery in Buellton is a great choice - and they have a fairly varied menu. Not fancy and more beer than wine but it works. For some fancier, try The Gathering Table st the Ballard Inn - lots if small plates. Not as much directly for kids but really good. I still might try Industrial eats - it may not be too bad. Or head up to Full of Life Flatbread in Los Alamos - no readies but plenty of space for kids.

PM me if you have further questions.

Cheers.

Larry, you neglected to chide for the overly broad use of “Central Coast,” some standard-bearer you are, sheesh [wink.gif]

See you soon.

Pray that it’s still there.

Santa Barbara now under threat from wildfire as massive inferno spreads and thousands flee under new evacuation orders
New evacuations as huge Southern California fire flares up | Daily Mail Online

If the fire reached Los Olivos, something went TERRIBLY wrong. [wow.gif]
Check traffic reports, as it may impede your travel, depending on the route you are taking.

Thank you Larry.

In addition to the above, you may want to consider The Hitching Post in Buellton for the dinner. As to casual winery visits, Go up Foxen Canyon Rd., many possibilities with Foxen being the best IMHO. Back on Hgy 154, Brander makes for a nice family visit.

In Los Olivos Sides and the Los Olivos Café are good restaurant choices with kids.

I always like Grappolo in Santa Ynez.

SY Kitchen in Santa Ynez is a great Italian spot. 1 Oak in Solvang is really good.

PM if you’d like to visit Zaca Mesa. We’re up Foxen Canyon Road and definitely a low key and family & pet-friendly visit. I’ll let the TR know to comp your tastings and pour some extras that are open.

Have a great visit.