TN: CIRQ Pinot Noir Treehouse 2011 & 2012

Decided to drink these up, for no other reason than they were accessible while house is being remodeled.

Definitely preferred the 12 to 11…more depth and better balance. Both wines were red fruited, with 11 showing a bit more acidity and the 12 more fruit. Both had an enticing nose of fruit, spice and a bit of barrel. Happy to have drank them as I stopped buying after 2012 and am now fresh out.

Definitely speaks to RRV Pinot Noir.

Thank for posting . The Cirq wines seem to be improving year by year-in general.

I really enjoy these wines. Thanks for the note.

Thanks for the note. I purchased the 2011, hadn’t opened and was considering opening soon.

Opened 2011 . Poured in decanter and started drinking after 5 or 10 minutes . So far , eh. Very muted . Last of my 3 bottles .

My brother opened a bottle of the 12 on Thanksgiving. It was a decent wine but I was stunned when I looked up the price. For the $$ this should be stunning and it wasn’t that.

LOL. My buddy called when these were released asking what I thought and if i wanted to purchase any. The price was shocking to put it mildly.

The 2012 is definitely better . Looking forward to the 13s and 14s-should be a major step up.

Major step up in price as well!!

Ought to be at least 25% better.

Price has nothing to do with the quality of the wine IMO. Whether someone finds value in a wine or not is an individual decision.

Opened a 2012 Cirq yesterday
First timer so no prior thoughts
It was definitely a high end pinot up there with recent a Marcassin BS Ridge and Kistler Cuvee Catherine
Don’t know if I will buy more but happy I have a couple bottles left