Stoneking Benefit Auction Master Listing - BIDDING HAS CLOSED

This thread will serve as the master listing of all the auction lots. I will add them in separate threads and link them all back to this posting for easier access.

============

The last thing we needed in California was another wildfire through residential neighborhoods but that’s exactly what we’ve gotten this week and it’s taken a direct hit on two of our own.

Mike and Dana Stoneking were victims of the Thomas Fire in Ventura and lost their home. Berserkers stepped up when the fires hit wine country. This one hits home for all of us. The Stonekings are two of the nicest, most generous people I know. I believe in Karma and they have it coming to them in spades.

While insurance and FEMA will step in and help there is so much loss that cannot be replaced. A little extra financial help can’t hurt though.

This coming weekend I am going to offer auction items to benefit the Stonekings. This is an announcement but also a solicitation for donations of any kind that you feel will be of interest to the Berserker community. Wine, beer (the Stonekings are beer lovers as well) etc… I’ll be digging into my cellar and probably will be paying a visit to Russian River Brewery as well.

Let’s join together to benefit fellow Berserkers! PM me with your offers.

Thank you.
grouphug [berserker.gif]

============

The donations are coming in hot and heavy. I have an extremely busy weekend ahead of me so in order to keep pace I am starting this early. Huge, huge, huge thanks to all who generously donated and/or are still donating to this cause. [cheers.gif]

Note: I will be in and out of communication over the weekend, worst on Sunday. Lots are open for bidding until Thursday 12:01am PST. If you have a question PM me. If I do not get back to you right away be patient. I’ll respond to all inquiries as time allows.

Lot 1 - Bedrock Wines and Private Tour/Tasting

Lot 2 - Carlisle

Lot 3 - Flannery Beef and Cabernet Sauvignon

Lot 4 - Craft Beer

Lot 5 - Once & Future

Lot 6 - Rivers-Marie

Lot 7 - Dirty & Rowdy

Lot 8 - A Pair of Napa Cabs

Lot 9 - Tercero

Lot 10 - Riverain Syrah

Lot 11 - Hammell Wine Alliance

Lot 12 - Dinner for 10 with Campesino Wines

Lot 13 - Lewelling

Lot 14 - 299pts of Wine on the Weill

Lot 15 - Sandlands #hellachenin

Lot 16 - Patz and Hall

Lot 17 - Monkish

Lot 18 - Jean Edwards

Lot 19 - Kongsgaard

Lot 20 - Russian River Brewing

Lot21 - Ridge Wines at Bandon Dunes

Lot 22 - Side Project Brewing

Lot 23 - Paolo Scavino

Lot 24 - Riverain Cabernet

Lot 25 - Tercero Rosé

Lot 26 - Cayuse

Lot 27 - Littorai

Lot 28 - Turley

Lot 29 - Rockpile

Lot 30 - Bedrock

Lot 31 - Tiny Bubbles

Lot 32 - MacDonald

Lot 33 - Saxum Trifecta

Lot 34 - Becklyn

Lot 35 - Campesino

Lot 36 - Burgundy

Lot 37 - The Difara’s Offline

Lot 38 - Dark Suds

Lot 39 - Penfolds

Lot 40 - Sandler

Lot 41 - Maybach

Lot 42 - Andremily

Lot 42b - Andremily Bookends

Lot 43 - Quilceda Creek

Lot 44 - Bordeaux

Lot 45 - Scarecrow

Lot 46 - Cabot

Lot 47 - Arcadian

Lot 48 - Marcassin

Lot 49 - Sine Qua Non

Bump

To keep the auction lots from disappearing in Wine Talk, I’ve created a separate subforum JUST for these auctions. We’ll be amending the links in this thread as we go along, so they aren’t all broken.

Here’s the subforum (but you’ll also see it in the index)

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=65

Brian, if you want amendments to the description/name, etc, please let us know

Brian, just sent you a PM for some items to auction. Let me know if I can help with anything!

Phil

Could not figure out what was going on, until I did a search. Here is the relevant information.

Brian will PM you

Thanks Mark on both counts. Updated OP, listed your donation.

Bids at $9,888.00 so far. Keep them coming, still lots of bargains available.

[berserker.gif]

By my count…39 topics in the Stoneking Benefit Subforum…that means 39 lots up for auction. Holy crap.

40 Lots - $11,598.00 in high bids so far.

Nice job Berserkers! [worship.gif] grouphug [berserker.gif]

Dana and I are humbled beyond words. The outpouring of support gives us the power to move forward. To see donations from many of our good friends as well as others that only know us through Wine Berserkers is heartwarming. We will never forget what you are doing for us and will be there for you if help is ever needed. There is a lot of awesome lots up there and I wish I was in the position to bid on some of them.
A special thanks to my man Brian Tuite who has organized this auction and spent untold hours making this happen. You are an example of all that us good in this world and Dana and I are fortunate to be your friend.
A thank you to Todd for organizing the auction into our own forum to make the easy for folks to access the lots and bid.
So much love to everyone that provided lots for the auction and to all bidders that are playing along. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. What a great community!!

You reap what you sow Mike. This auction is a reflection of who you and Dana are. Simmer on that.

See you at Falltacular!

You guys are awesome. A job well done, Brian.

That was then, this is now. 43 lots and $14,543 in high bids. Plus I just listed Lot 44 with a couple 17 year old Bordeauxs!

This.

By what method(s) can you make payment for your auction purchase?

Preferred payment is via PayPal Friends and Family directly to the Stoneking acct. PM me if you want other options and we can discuss. Trying to eliminated fees.

Truer words probably never spoken.

Brian…Will you be acting as a clearinghouse of sorts for confirming receipt of bid funds and giving the green light to ship? Also, how are shipping costs being handled…or is it assumed that donors cover shipping?

I’ll post on it in the morning. I’ll be contacting all the high bidders and instructing them on how to pay. Once I have payment confirmation I will pass them along to their respective donor and they can discuss shipping options. Most of the wineries donating are including shipping but I would not just assume the donor is shipping free. They already donated the wine, why should they have to pay shipping on top of that?

Bidding has ended on all but the SQN Lot. Thank you to everyone who took part in this event. I think it was a success. Eh?

Bidders: Thank you all for your bids, it wouldn’t have happened if you sat on your wallets. Well done! Over the coming days I will be contacting all the high bidders regarding payment. The preferred payment method is PayPal “Friends and Family” Friends and Family transactions do not involve fees of any kind. The second form of payment is personal check written and mailed to me. I will then deposit and transfer the money to Mike and Dana. Once you have made your PayPal transaction I need you to forward the payment confirmation to me at wctool at sonic dot net. Once I receive payment confirmation I will hand you off to the donor for shipping. Do not contact the donor until you are prompted to. Things will run much more smoothly if we just relax, be patient and let the process work.

Donors: First off I want to personally thank each and every one of you for giving of yourselves for this cause. There were exceptional wines across the board. You should be proud of yourselves. I will contact you with your high bidders information once Their payment has cleared. Please do not ship any wines until you first hear from me.

Once again, I ask you to please be patient. This takes time to sort out and disseminate and I have a day job so your understanding is appreciated.

Money raised: All told, combining the auction lots and personal cash donations we raised a total of $18,053.00

Lot 12, the Campesino Dinner at the Kitchen Collective in Napa has 2 winners. Macario said if there was a bidding war he would throw in a matching dinner. The two top bidders earned this one with bids of $1,300.00 and $1,200.00
Lot 12a - Anton D
Lot 12b - S Lim

The second highest earning lot was Lot 3 the Flannery and EMH Cabernet lot with a high bid of $1,400.00, hats off to you Marshall!

The other lot to break $1,000.00 was Lot 1 the Bedrock Wine and Tasting/Tour which came in at $1,100.00 from amjohnstone

Cash Donations: I have received cash donations from Berserkers and will continue to accept them until the SQN Lot closes on Saturday evening. Just PM me if interested and I’ll send the instructions along.

Also thanks go out to Todd French for providing the vehicle by which we were able to drive the success of this charity event. Never would have happened without this site.
Cheers!