Annoying Amazon pop up. Add, or Malware?

Anyone else constantly getting bumped to the Amazon survey link when browsing here? It locks your browser and prevents you from going back to the WB page. Just checking if this is an add, or some sort of malware I am infected with.

Regards,
Andy Kei!!or

It happens to me as well; I stopped using my iPad because of it

Same here

Probably an ad that unknowingly is serving up the landing page for another site…

Haven’t encountered it.

Me too.

You are a subscriber, so you don’t see ads…

Not a subscriber, have not seen it.

+1 re what Chris said, haven’t seen it

Click here and pay $25, problem solved:
https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/WineBerserkers/OnlinePayment.html

I’m a subscriber and just had it pop up twice.???

I get it almost every time I click in.
And sometimes more than once on a visit.
And it sucks.
Jim

Me too. I’ve gone in my iPad and cleared my history a hundred times.
I am completely tech illiterate so I went and bought a new iPad with the brand new operating system (I’ve been needing a new one anyway) and it started popping up almost immediately.
Any advice?

Yes, this sucks! I visit less because of it.

I was getting the same thing, but only when I was on the yahoo web site, not here. Seemed to go away recently for an unknown reason.

Mine ONLY does it here, if I stay off the board it goes all day without shutting me down. I assume it just attaches itself somewhere and I’m sure this isn’t in any way Todd’s “fault”. I just don’t know what to do…

I went to the Apple store and they determined it wasn’t my iPad; they said it had something to do specifically with this site

the current state of the web absolutely require a good ad blocker. the goal here is not to necessarily block all ads and/or to deprive publishers of ad revenue. the goal is to prevent the great majority of shitty ad products that run automatically, rogue pop-ups as mentioned here, etc. all the major blockers allow white listing.

i recommend ublock origin.

One word: “Ghostery”

Solves all of these problems and puts you in control.

Yaacov,
do you have any idea how to do that on an iPad? I am almost completely tech illiterate and the Apple folks didn’t mention doing that; any suggestions would be greatly appreciated