TN: 2007 Arcadian Syrah Purisima Mountain Vineyard

Had this bottle back in March with a terrible review of it but this is completely different and from a much better source! Top five wine of the year for sure. Beautiful nose and palate featuring funk, blueberries, spices and roasted meat. Super complex wine and hitting its peak. Medium to long finish. This is California Syrah at its finest. For the $35 I paid for this it is stealing! Wine of the year for sure when you factor in the price. 94 points

Great to hear, I have a bottle of this in the cellar. When I last tried this wine this past summer on a visit to CA it was just as you describe. I certainly paid more but quite worth it.

Vincent I would just pop and pour. I am drinking it on day 2 and while it is good not the same experience. Drink sooner than later.
Cheers,

John

Thanks for the tip.

Just saw this…I opened this tonight to go with rack of lamb. The lamb is still cooking, but the wine has been open about an hour. It’s coming up to temp and really opening up. Meaty and funky with plenty of fruit and acid backbone. Delicious.

Adam your rack of lamb was more exciting than my pizza pairing. I did enjoy the next glass while watching Gold Rush.

John I am very happy to hear that the wine was good. I am curious by your initial comment in terms of source. I just wonder what you mean by that. Was it purchased from an account that may have suspect storing conditions?

[quoteJohn I am very happy to hear that the wine was good. I am curious by your initial comment in terms of source. I just wonder what you mean by that. Was it purchased from an account that may have suspect storing conditions?][/quote]
Joe a friend brought it a tasting and it lacked fruit and had none of the great funk character of this bottle. Just seem tired but not corked. Don’t know where he bought it. In looking at some of the other bottles of this he sampled some were flawed. I will have to find out where he got them but certainly not the same source as many of the recent notes on this wine from Cellar Tracker.

Thanks John for the update.

Joe I should have backed up the truck as I bought this for $35 a bottle this fall from my favorite wine shop that shall go nameless as not to add any more to their email list.

John,

Grand Cru Society members get this wine for $36 a bottle. I have about 75 six packs in inventory and the normal retail is $45.

[quote
Grand Cru Society members get this wine for $36 a bottle. I have about 75 six packs in inventory and the normal retail is $45.][/quote]
How do you become a Grand Cru Society member?

simple shoot me an email joe@arcadianwinery.com and I will send you the form to join the Grand Cru Society. All details provided explaining wine club etc. you can also contact me directly on my cell 805 452 7413
Joe