Yquem Pairing

What would you recommend to pair with a bottle of d’Yquem? The challenge here is we will be hosting friends at a mountain house, so we will have to haul any and all food with us and store it in the fridge if perishable. 1983 if you need an exact vintage.
Any ideas? Thank you!

Foie gras Super Seared with sprinkle of maldon salt

I’d just drink it after dinner as dessert.

But if pressed, lobster or oysters since I don’t love foie gras.

Given your situation, a tourchon or some other terrine/pate would be my choice. Can have it with crackers too.

Just on its own.

If you need a dessert, then something salty and savory like a Roquefort, walnut, and pear tart.

If they are real (sweet) wine lovers, you could do fruit: pear & apricot. Or else creme brule.

If not real wine lovers, serve something more easy…

Foie gras or Stilton for sure.

I agree with all the suggestions, except creme brulee. You want something that will contrast with and offset the sweetness, not compete with it.

This, exactly. Sweet + sweet is, at least for my palate, a terrible combo.

I’d would keep it exceedingly simple, I like A So’s recommendation. Those are my favorite pairings.

I also really like d’Yquem as dessert. By itself.

Actually it’s quite nice with some plain, unsalted, toasted nuts too. Or potato chips. Or popcorn.

we served the same wine last month with the 3rd course of foie gras and sicilian orange jelly on a toasted Brioche bun, it was good all round

This.

How is it with boiled peanuts?

All good ideas. Perhaps a more savory cake. My wife makes a polenta cake that works well.

I know F. Audouze served us fried grapefruit with an older Yquem and that worked well too.

I understand that view, but like all wines, I think the experience can actually be enhanced by the right food match.

I’d pair it with the 1986 d’Yquem

And it was a fantastic match. have to admit the wine wasn’t too bad.

yup that was a nice bottle you supplied Mr Warren, very nice indeed

Lobster

Put me in the sweet+sweet = too sweet camp. Sweet+sour, sweet+fat, sweet+salty all sound better to me. Lobster bisque is a good match. If people really want to have it with a dessert then my vote would be for a less sweet than normal bread pudding. The nut suggestion sounds really good.