Wine storage close to Manhattan

Is there any wine storage facility close to Manhattan (1 hr drive) where you can actually get access to your “locker”?

Thank you

There might still be some lockers at Chelsea Wine Storage, but they seemed to be doing everything to discourage consumer customers. Other than that, I’m not aware of any.

Unfortunately not right now AFAIK. And I’ve looked twice — after I was priced/forced out of Chelsea last year and again within the last few weeks.

Seems like a business opportunity here for someone.

Manhattan Wine Storage

Sounds like he’s looking for a place where you can go in, unlock your locker and access your wine without requesting that items be pulled. I don’t think MWS does that. And last I heard they were full up.

Chelsea Wine Storage has this at what are now exorbitant prices.

I got an email from Mana Wine, now Jersey City Wine Storage (where I store my wine) that they recently added individual access lockers.

I never followed up with them so I don’t know pricing but here is what they said:

To further satisfy clients’ needs, we’re proud to announce the addition of private storage lockers and new hours.

MON & TUES: 9AM - 5PM
WEDNESDAY: 9AM - 7PM
THURS & FRI: 9AM - 5PM

*Last Sat of the Month: 9am - 12pm

How much wine are you looking to store? There is a storage place in Livingston, NJ (about 25-30 minutes from the Lincoln tunnel) that has individual wine lockers, but all the larger ones are occupied (there is a waiting list). They do have availability for smaller ones.

about a 100 cases … but growing rapidly :slight_smile:

I will add that because of the price increase I’m pretty sure Chelsea Wine Storage does have lockers available. Their wait list evaporated as people moved out. So I the cost doesn’t bother you it is a very convenient location though they are understaffed now and the service reflects that.

A old post, newly notable for What and How.