TN: NV H. Billiot Fils Champagne Grand Cru Brut Rosé

NV H. Billiot Fils Champagne Grand Cru Brut Rosé - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (11/18/2017)
A bottle of this exact same wine (May 2010 disgorgement) showed like the end of the road was in sight. This bottle (my last of a case) was in perfect condition, with lots of time left. The core was all fresh red cherry, and notes of wheat toast and spice added complexity. It was a truly delicious bottle, and a fine way to end the case.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve still got a couple b of my case knocking around, too. Will check in. Has been a great and inexpensive quaff.

That bottle sounds fantastic. I love that wine. Sadly for my pocket book, it is not inexpensive. But seem to occasion find good deals at Total Wine and a few other places.

Jason

What’s going on with this wine these days? Don’t see it around as much and I seem to recall Theise writing in the catalog that the estate is going through a difficult transition of some sort. I’ve liked it in the past but my last bottle a couple years ago (believe a 2011 base) was less than great.

Well 2011 base NVs were generally poor across the board.

That being said, Billiot went through a difficult generational transition, but seems to be back on track since about 2016.