2010 Baudry Grez + 2008 Charvin CdP

The nose on this Grezeaux is singing in a way you simply shouldn’t get from a $25 bottle of wine, but the palate isn’t ready for prime time. Decanted for a few hours, and while it opened up, its still pretty knit together with some graininess and primary character. Vacucin’d and tried again the next day, and while the palate has rounded, the nose still sings. It seems like a ripe candidate for the rule of 15, and I have huge hopes for its continuing evolution.

2008 Charvin was crushed over a quick dinner. The nose is really lush and chocolatey, showing a bit more flush grenache than what I usually get from Charvin, while the palate is delicate and round, ready for drinking. Not the best Charvin of all time nor one for the long-term, its perfectly appealing in its current state.

Thanks for that. Somewhere in my cellar are a few bottles of 2010 Grezeaux. Somewhere…

I’m so glad you just posted this. Had some 2014 Guillot this past week to check it out, super-structured. Had some side-bars with AlexS about 2014 and 2010. Made a comment how structured and long-aging Grezeaux is in these classic types of years, was wondering if 2010 was ready for a check-in. The 2014 needs 10 years minimum. So I’ll continue to sit on the '10s, including Guillot and Boissee.

Thanks for update on 10 Grezzies. Have some stashed … offsite. They’ll stay there.

Haven’t had recent Charvin. But their 98/99/00/01 have provided stiff competition to same vintages of (warning: more nicknames) Beaus, Peggys, and Vieux Tellies.