Greer Shipped T-Giving Week??

Did anyone else receive a shipping notice for their Greer order for delivery Thanksgiving week? I first thought that it was just a label created but checked the AM and its in route scheduled for delivery on Friday. I need to re-route because my offsite is closed for the holiday and haven’t been able to reach Greer via email or Bodega Shipping (their shipper). Anyone know a ph number or alt contact for Greer? Thx

Yes — mine shipped yesterday to the east coast as well — with the holiday, it will spend two weekends on the road.

The weather looks ok (maybe a little cold the second weekend), but still a puzzling decision by Bodega.

Yeah, I have this problem as well, and I will be nowhere near my house after Monday, and, unlike Fedex, UPS is hard to redirect. Peay did the same thing, which seems crazy.

I have contact info for Bodega located in Sonoma - they also have a store in St. Helena. PM me if you need info.

Karen

Unless the company name is Amazon, or you are overnighting food, I wouldn’t want much to ship the week of Thanksgiving. Weird time to ship wine. Of all weeks.

I can only imagine the week after with all of the black friday (etc…) items being shipped.

I had a major issue with Bodega shipping Greer a few years ago that could not be resolved after multiple phone calls and emails with them and with Mr. Greer, who was kind enough to intervene at the time. The resolution was to find an alternate shipping solution, which Mr. Greer was gracious enough to accommodate. I find Bodega to be less than professional in terms of correspondence, and even worse, in shipping. They are lucky Mr. Greer is loyal to his friendship with the owner.

I try to have all my shipments done by Thanksgiving (retail) as between then and Xmas there are too many delays due to sheer volume, of course, not an option for most winery shipments. I also wonder if the fires didn’t compress the shipping season.

I don’t know where you’re located, but at the moment the forecast is for freezing temperature around DC on Wednesday and Thanksgiving Day and freezes next weekend both there and in New York.

But not predicted to drop below 20, so the wine shouldn’t freeze.

I am in NJ, and haven’t received a shipping notice as of now. Perhaps Rob is staggering the shipments over the next few weeks?

Well then shipping merely becomes a matter of velocity. [wink.gif]

Freezing temperatures (i.e. 32F) is not important, Sub 20 is when wines begin to freeze, depending how long a time they are subjected to them (plus, alcohol content can vary and create differences). Shipping between 20-30 is not bad, because it won’t be that way the entire route, unless we are hit with a polar vortex, then the bets are off.

Good point, Markus.

My order will ship this week to an area outside of Los Angeles, with 80 to 85 predicted.

Agreed about the chaos that the fires have caused, and I am completely sympathetic about that being a disruption as well as the holiday shipping rush. Many other wineries have reached out to me stating that they need to delay shipping and I appreciate the proactive communication. This current shipping situation with Greer is frustrating because I was not included on the decision on when they would ship.

Mr. Kates, I see you posted your concern on Saturday. Without checking with Jenn to see if there was any communication beyond the automated alert that your wine was shipping, I might point out that some customers do request that the wine get to them in time for Thanksgiving. Because our shipper has multiple temperature controlled warehouses around the country, your wine left their Chicago warehouse Friday morning and is due to reach you today (Monday), which seems like a long delivery time for a 4 hour drive-time distance, but is nothing like a transcontinental shipment. Did you get the notice that your wine was shipping? We do have good success with UPS redirects, partly why there is a notice sent about your shipment, so that you may instruct us to better serve you. While fine wine aficionados may have valid concerns for their wine sitting in UPS warehouses over weekends, we do stay on top of the weather, and temperatures were in the 30’s last Saturday and Sunday in Bloomington, so there was no cause for alarm, right? We’re here to please, so don’t hesitate to let us know if we’re not getting it quite right.

Rob gave me a call and the wine was redirected so I can pick it up at the hub. As good a response as I could hope for. Happy t-giving to all.

I’m in NJ and my shipment is scheduled to arrive on Monday the 27th. Shipping over Black Friday weekend is a real head scratcher. UPS is overloaded and will be using temporary holiday help which always leads to mass confusion and missing packages. This is why I very generously tip the UPS delivery person for my business every year at Christmas to ensure smooth delivery. It definitely pays off.