Bruno Rocca Rabaja Label

I picked up a 2010 bottle at a local Spec’s and confused by the label. In store-it’s merchandised as Rabaja with the Parker rating. But the Bruno Rocca label does not say ‘Rabaja’ above the feather. It does however say Az. Agr. Rabaja in small print at bottom of label. Anyone familiar with Bruno Rocca? It’s my understanding that Rabaja indicates 100% from Rabaja and normal Barbaresco is from Neive.

Az. Agr. Rabaja is the name of the winery (like Giacosa is Az. Agr. Falletto). If it doesn’t say Rabaja above the feather, it is not Rabaja, it is their base Barbaresco.

http://www.brunorocca.it/en/wines/

Ugh! Damn you Spec’s! [soap.gif] that being said, this base level stuff is tasty.

I"m with Ken. Based on the labels on the winery’s website, it sounds like they sold you the base Barbaresco rather than the the Rabaja.

I have found that several stores have made similar mistakes. I don’t know if is is deliberate or not as some errors are more egregious than others. I generally don’t trust shelf talkers until I check them myself. The more reputable and dedicated stores are much less likely to make those mistakes. Stick to the stores you know or carry your smart phone with you when you shop with the CellarTracker app loaded up (pictures of labels are a big help).