TN: 2008 Johan Vineyards Pinot Noir Nils Reserve (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley)

• 2008 Johan Vineyards Pinot Noir Nils Reserve - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (11/16/2017)
    Opened a few hours prior to serving, tasted over the course of about three hours. Pours a glorious light garnet. The nose is a mix of earthy pepper and baking spice, forest floor, and red berry fruit. It’s all integrated in a fantastically complete package. On the palate it’s even better, as the acidity is just about perfectly integrated at this stage. The wine is deep and soulful, with so many layers weaving in and out across the palate. Just ridiculously good stuff. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

That carpet looks familiar! [cheers.gif]

But does it match the drapes?

Thanks for posting, Beau. I have a few of these and I haven’t touched any of them yet. My understanding was that the wine has a lot of stuffing and needed time. I guess we’re coming up on 10 years post vintage. Geez. I’ll check in on one soon!

Weird how that works neener

As I continue to reflect on the wine, I agree that it does have a lot of density and structure, so I think it’ll easily last another 10 years. It was just so damn satisfying to drink the other night. I haven’t had many Oregon Pinots lately that made me sit back and grin like a fool.

Nice. Those are some nice vineyards.

Jason