TN: 2012 Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino

• 2012 Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (11/16/2017)
    LOVE me some Casanova di Neri, been drinking more of the Tenuta then the white label, and looks like the 04 is my last go at the white. This 2012 shows more of a red fruited wine than I remember from these. In fact, kind of reminds me of a riper vintage Burgundy from somewhere like Vosne! There’s a gorgeous dusty sandalwood spice in this…some white pepper, tobacco, and exotic wood smoke. The fruit is pure and liqueured with fresh crushed raspberry, cherry, rhubarb, pomegranate…firm structure with super lifted acidity, mineral crunch, and dusty spicy tannins. Lot of exotics in flavors…tobacco, camphor earth, slight tar, leather, dried cherry, licorice…pretty florals…but MAN I can’t get over how translucent and kind of feminine(for Brunello) this wine is! Love it! Age should do wonders, but air it out for a couple hours now and enjoy! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I like this wine very much, and I think it is a pretty good value.

after it just got announced as WS #2 of the year, ya might wanna wait a couple weeks before ya buy any more of it though!

Did it really? I haven’t looked at their scores in years.

Oh, Jeez.

yeah announced it same day this got posted actually!

Buzz, what are some of your favorite CdN vintages?

What did you guys pay for your bottle of this?

Only familiar wth the 04,05,06 vintages…love the 04 in the white label, 05 Tenuta was really good for the vintage, and the 06 just takes it up another level. Still holding on to some 06, drank all those 05 Tenuta…a premier cru steal at $25 AND delivered! Did also taste a 01 Cerretalto which might have been a little too over the top.

Karl - Around $50 locally.

OK thanks.

I see it in NJ for 49.99
was wondering if that was a deal.

Totally agree. I`v been buying this wine over many years and find it to be consistently a wonderful drink and a good QPR.

Thanks guys–while I am still strongly in preference for the 2010 vintage, I am trying some 12s here and there. I will put this one on the radar, as I should be able to get access to it.

Mike