TN: 2013 Joseph Swan Vineyards Pinot Noir Saralee's Vineyard

I may have a bit of rose-colored glasses for this wine because (1) it’s my older daughter’s birth year and (2) was the first vintage after Saralee died, but I’ve been drinking Saralee’s Vineyard from Swan for almost 20 years, and this is maybe the best since 2007. It’s outstanding.

• 2013 Joseph Swan Vineyards Pinot Noir Saralee’s Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (11/15/2017)
    13.6% alcohol. Light red cherry color, clear at the rim of the glass. This wine is an exercise in precision and surprising power. Sharp nose of sour cherry and an intensely mineral edge, with prominent floral notes sticking out, which isn’t always the case for a young Saralee’s. In the mouth, you’ll be challenged to find a wine that is more vibrant. It’s a Swan hallmark that makes the wines endearing while young. This is just packed with sour cherry, floral notes, and a ton of minerality and acidity. Long finish. Over a few hours, the wine kept opening and getting more expansive, with a richer, lusher palate presence. This is a truly excellent Saralee’s Pinot. A-/A

Posted from CellarTracker

Jealous. I love Swan wines and this red fruited beauty in particular.

Nice, Tom. This sounds great. Been a while since I had a Swan Saralee’s. I remember those wines with great fondness. Very nice wines.
Cheers.

Iirw147LHkQ

Up for early dinner on Dec. 5? Darren and Melisa will be with me too.

Jason

Sweet! Dec. 5 should be perfect, dude! Calendaring it up! We can figure out what to do as the date approaches.

great wine. already drank ours :frowning:

going to miss this bottling from swan too.

Slight thread drift, but I do intend to visit the new la crema tasting room at saralee’s vineyard: http://www.lacrema.com/la-crema-at-saralees-vineyard-new-estate/

Thanks for this, Tom,
I have the 2012; have you had this one recently–seems more controversial, according to CT.

Thanks for the TN!!