Bedrock drinking windows

I just now placed my order for the Bedrock winter release. I was pleased to see that drinking windows were provided for each wine. Apparently no drinking windows were provided for the wines that arrived in March (which I think was called the spring release). Or did I miss something? Can anyone provide drinking windows for the spring wines? Preferably windows specified by Morgan/Chris? I can’t find any on their website.
Thanks,
Phil Jones

Wait. Longer is better. Target 3-5 years from vintage date for first taste. This goes for the less expensive appellation wines just the same as the vineyard designates.
Rosé too.

The reds, to me, can be pretty weird when young, though many people like them at that age. I’d say patience is a virtue here.

Whenever you pop a bottle, it will always be TOO SOON. ominous laugh

Phil - there is a place on the bedrock website where you can scroll through the different vintages of wine they have produced, and there should be a description of each one that usually contains Morgan’s drinking window estimate at the bottom. Sometimes it’s a range of dates and other times it’s something more general, but that’s where I always look if there is not a lot of notes on Cellar Tracker.

As others have mentioned, the reds improve a lot with time (minimum 3-5 years from vintage), and in general, I find the zins/blends to be more approachable younger than the syrahs.

Dolinsek is always better inside the first couple years. At least for my tastes it is.

FWIW I opened a “Vino Bambino” 2014 (give or take a year) and it was fantastic! I’ve got one more and I’m torn on drinking it because it’s so cool.

I’ve an 08 Kick Ranch Syrah from a library release a while back, perhaps I’ll check in on that next week and report back.

Agree very much with the view here that 3-5 years beyond release is a good window. I’m just starting in on some 2012s and they are both excellent and completely fresh, with no signs at all of letting up. True for both Zins/Heritage wines and the Syrahs. In terms of up to date info, there is no better source than this board - these here are world-class wine wizards with way wicked window wariness. Whew.

For the North Coast Syrah and OVZ, they vary by vintage in terms of which do well right out of the box - some years no problem, other years they need a bit of time. I usually open one and try. I haven’t let the whites go that long, but those that I’ve had are made with enough acid to last. And they are great and unique, to a bottle.

For early drinking of the bigger boys, I’ve had the best luck with Papera and Dolinsek. The rest just seem like I’m stealing something if I open within the first 1-2 years.

3-5 yrs seems to work for me as well re Morgan’s reds, will probably open a 2012 Evangelho some time soon…Ditto re some 2008 and 2009 Bedrock Hudson Vyd Syrahs.

I have searched the Bedrock website, to no avail.
Phil Jones

It’s funny because it’s true!