New SQN...

Cool new bottle shape on the white…but how’d you get away with THAT label MK??? [shock.gif]

cool label :wink:. mine just got off the truck as well.

I can’t decide if i like the art better than the wine or vice versa. Manfred should really start selling the artwork. He is more interesting than most of the modern art crap that gets produced these days. He would get along well with Andy Warhol.

Does Manfred actually produce the art himself, whether it is painting or sketching? I did not know that. If so, cool.

For the most part Manfred has produced all of the artwork himself from the very beginning - Elaine may assist as they both seem to have a strong passion and eye for art and the artistic - and I believe he produces a full sized version as the model for the label - saw quite a few hung on walls around the winery.

I think from time to time Manfred and Elaine donate the artwork for charity auctions (as I recall they go for a quite a bit - seem to recall from being at one auction that the piece went somewhere in the $7k+/- range) and so some are in collectors’ hands. I have also heard that a restaurant outside of Chicago has a few originals going way back but I have never been there to see them.

If you ever have the chance you should check out the “coffee table” SQN book with pictures of all the labels and other information - nice combination of art book and winery book. Given how many labels he has done, it really has amounted to a pretty big body of artwork.

And where is the TN Buzz?

Very cool. I haven’t seen these before. I love their labels almost more than their wines. I just need to get onto that darn list.

Thanks, Dan. I enjoyed that read. Art is a passion of mine, as much as wine, really.

Dan what is the restaurant outside of Chicago where their is SQN art? I must pay this place a visit. Cheers.

Charles

Seriously? If I didn’t already think SQN is awfully tacky, this might just sway me. So if the “art” was all penis-shaped, presumably the wine would only score 80s?

Charles, unfortunately I don’t recall the name or location as I heard about the art second hand a few years ago. I think they were one of the first restaurants in the Chicago area to have the SQNs wines back in the mid-to-late 90s when SQN was still pretty much unknown.

302 West in Geneva had original SQN art in the mens washroom. Sadly it closed after the death of the chef Joel Findley.

I wonder if his wife took it down the street to Niche?

No, she moved to Florida and took it with her, not involved with Niche. Jody, Steve, Jeffery started Niche.

Aha.