2015 Lewelling offer live

$114 per two pack of the regular and the Wight.

First come, first served, and they note that 2015 was a smaller harvest than 2014, so if you haven’t got an email, you may want to just log onto your account.

Not sure how long the 2015s will last.

For me, one of the better values in Napa cabs.

Tom

Wishlisted an extra 3 packs but not very hopeful.

To be a “mom & pop” operation they have a slick ordering system, probably my favorite and easiest to use.

Have they dialed back any in recent vintages? I was a buyer 01-05 (even visited) big scores hit and didn’t log on fast enough in 06/07. I didn’t fight the first come thing since it seemed like they went overboard style wise. Might jump back in if they’ve gone back to more balanced?

I am fairly certain they have dialed it back a bit, We opened a regular bottle of the 2012 recently and it was just starting to come around, with great balance. It won’t be mistaken for old-school Napa (try the 2011 if you want that).

Happy to have our order in already.

I spoke with Haley on Monday and pretty much straight out asked that. I have been buying Lewellling since the start, I think, and those early 2000’s were great…until the 2007 which has been consistently over the top to me, including about 2 weeks ago. And I said that. Well, she indicated that 2007 was a really ripe year, and that they have been consistent with Napa trends, but are in fact dialing it back. She thought that if you like those earlier wines, then the sold out 2014 could be of a lot of interest- very structured, she said. Fwiw, I tried a 2012 Napa this past weekend. Definitely not over the top like the 2007. Very earthy, not yet ready to drink imo. Will it age like those older ones? Do not know, ut bought some 2015 for the hell of it. BTW, the 2010 Wight was really good this summer- again, a year with a lot of structure.

I seem to remember Haley telling me that she always picked Hayfork a little earlier than Lewelling was picked. I wonder if she will continue that philosophy now with Lewelling.

Maybe. The brix numbers are still pretty darn night (over 27). I had a 2004 the other night, which I loved early on, but last week it was overly sweet and extracted - all ten of us concurred. A head scratcher, really. I have continued to buy over the years, but I will need to try some older vintages to see how they age - hopefully I just had an off bottle.