Kiralyudvar Tokaji Furmint Sec 2013

Had the 2010 of this wine and liked it very much, so when some 2013 showed up I went for it. Delicious dry white with great acid/fruit tension. Green apple, lanolin, quince, and god knows what. Kind of a cross between a great dry chenin and a chablis. Anyone who loads up on dry Huet/Chidaine, or other dry chenins would love this.

Always good to see talk of Hungary, this one sounds awesome.

Love Tokaji Furmint Sec. Wish I could find more of it locally. Impulse Wine had a nice one last year (Chateau Pajzos) at a good price.

I got this from rare wine Co, but the 2010’s I got thru Mr McCarthy. I’ll check to see if he can still source them.

John, good to see someone else likes these. I’ve had several vintages and liked them all well. Like the bubbles a bit more, and they seem to have about the same availability.

Right–the bubbles are very good as well, but it’s been a while since I’ve had any.

Looks like Sec Wines in Portland, OR has the 2014 for $18 for anyone on the west coast who’s interested.

Thanks for the note. I’ve liked this wine in the past, but haven’t had one in a few years. Glad to hear it’s still good. Will seek it out.

I’ve enjoyed this wine from a couple of vintages, and agree with the Loire Chenin resemblance, albeit slightly fuller and coarser, but without the wooliness. Their dry
Sparkling Furmint is also worth a try.

I was reminded on the Vinous board that the domain Huet folks actually own this winery now and are using a Vouvray sec mindset in producing this wine.

Haven’t had the '13 but concur that this is a lovely wine. I’d always thought of it as a meeting of Vouvray and Sancerre… pretty close your read on it.