TN: 2015 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Reserve

2015 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Reserve - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (11/12/2017)
Been a while since I have sampled this wine. Very fresh Pinot with cranberry, spice, forest floor and cedar. Medium plus finish and quite balanced. Drink now or enjoy over the next few years. Day 1 90 points

Finishing the bottle on day 3 and I am glad I waited as I always do on newer vintage wines. Very smooth wine overall with similar character but more depth. Up front some spice and cedar but the finish reveals more fruit and mineral character. While I don’t think this wine is a 5 plus cellar selection I do think the additional time has improved this wine. 92 points.

I saw your note and decided to pop one of these. Since Patty died I’d been planning on opening one of her wines, but didn’t necessarily want to burn one of the single vineyard versions. Agree with your Day 1 review; plenty of fruit, good finish, and well balanced. This would be great in a restaurant.

I met Patty three times. At the winery in 2007 she must have poured me 20 barrel samples. The Sauv Blanc Reserve was a very unique wine, too. This is a winery (among only three in Oregon) that I buy from almost every year and I will continue to do so.

We sell a good amount of this. People love it.

Keep in mind that despite the “reserve” designation, I think this is their lowest priced offering. PGC may be the best pinot noir producer in Oregon. The breadth and quality of their bottlings is astounding. They show so much character and distinct differences in the terrior among vineyards.

Yes this is really well priced. I paid around 25

Next time you are in Seattle we should visit Oregon and stop by some of your favorites. I’m sure Jim would schedule a visit for us. Patty Green makes some of the best wines in the valley.

Had one last summer and liked it a lot:

Just lovely! Deeper and darker than the Berserker’s Cuvees (see my TNs on them). Intriguing PN flavor, very good length and balance. Another superior Pinot Noir from PGC!

Posted from CellarTracker