What are people drinking for Thanksgiving?

I am planning on drinking Rose Champagne (Billecart-Salmon) followed by some pinots (Rivers-Marie, Ken Wright + a Burg or two). Close with a vintage Port. What will you be drinking?

30+ people at my home…start with 3L 2012 Roulot Clos des Boucheres, then 3L Boillot Corton Charlemagne. Not sure about reds, probably a mag of 2012 Hudelot Noellat Clos Vougeot
Cheers!

As is tradition, I’ll be going with American wines. I’m also using it as an opportunity to rebalance my cellar, so will be drinking wines from my top 4 holdings including Rhys, Ridge, Bedrock, and Littoral.

The best that I have. Life’s too short.

Guys, I am not soliciting, only trying to help raise some money via my post here.

If you’re going to drink Pinot Noir for the holiday week, then take a few mins to post a note (and a photo to double the donation) and help me give a hand in fighting domestic violence. For a week like T-Giving that involves family, friends and good times, you can lend a hand.

I have next week, Buek has his week not too far thereafter. The thread is below, and I offer it because things get lost in the flow around here. Thanks for listening.

So great Pinot Noir it is!

2015 Teeter Totter Chard
2012 Donum Pinot Noir East Slope
2013 Bucella Merlot
2012 Amon-Ra Shiraz

Looking for a lighter bodied zin to go 3rd. My bedrocks and outposts need a little more time

No Frenchie shit, people! This is the day we celebrate our struggle for independence from the French by consuming an indigenous bird. Keep it domestic!

I’m going with some Champagne, probably Perseval Farge NV Brut, then a couple of my own which I never do. First the 2014 Chardonnay Willamette Valley, which was all Johan Vineyard. Then my first vintage officially, the 2009 Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard. I only bottled one barrel and I sold most of it right away, just a few bottles and mags left. Probably some Port for dessert, but could sneak in a Monbazillac or something like that depending on what desserts we end up with. Can’t wait.

This:
IMG_3820.JPG

Over 40+ Thanksgivings I’ve formulated my own rules.

First, do no harm. Better to under serve than over serve. Talking quantity here, not quality. You know your own family and friends, I hope.

Second, serve the guest. I tried for year to use family and holiday gatherings to advance wine education, but learned that this better be pushed back several notches in the selection process. You may be able to provide an epiphanic experience to someone at sometime, but don’t count on a holiday dinner to be that time. Over the years I’ve learned what my family enjoys, and I mostly stay there.

Third. Open what you want to drink. Sometimes I’ve found that I’m the only one drinking from a particular bottle. No problem if everyone else has something in their glass they are enjoying.

Fourth. Nothing is too good, and nothing is too ordinary (i.e. mass market)- See rule 2.

Fifth. You can set a theme without violating any of the previous rules. Like many, I try to stay domestic.

Sixth. Push the envelope. Once again, you can do this without offending anyone if you simultaneously follow rule two and three.

P Hickner

Thanksgiving is not really a big holiday for wine, as nobody really indulges in it. Probably something fun, perhaps this year a 2015 A J Adam riesling.

Good stuff here - I’m still on rule #2. you can lead a horse to water…

I think of Thankshiving as “Side Bottle Day.” Nuff said.

Turley

Pinot and chard… which ones TBD.

I hope this is a joke, I am just too thick to get. Thanksgiving is a homage to a native population and an immigrant people coming together in the spirit of sharing and fellowship.

2013 Saltwater Farm Vineyard Cab Franc/Merlot blend. Local winery.

Let him go. He’s on a roll. Next he’ll tell us about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.

I am in total agreement on this. Unfortunately, certain family members watch me like a hawk that have no business drinking anything above a two buck chuck level.